All Image-Line Plugins stopped working in 1.1 B5?

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Still not working with fresh installs of fl studio and the seperate vst's and the indexing is still hanging and will not cancel upon request.

I always use 32 Bit Plugins so I didn't see this, but switched to 64 Bit for testing something else and indeed the IL plugins crash in 64 Bit.
Can you use the 32 Bit versions in the meantime? I'll create a ticket.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

For sure my dude, good looking out.

The 64 bit ones are working fine for me... just double checked.

Only the 64-bit versions crashing? This definitely sounds like a bug in their 64-bit ports.

Since 1.0.x we've changed a linker setting on windows which makes it much more likely (like 100% likely) that any memory pointers we pass to the 64-bit plug-in actually isn't just zeros in the upper 32-bits but is a nice big juicy 64-bity number. This is a good thing to do as it makes it harder to hack etc etc but much more importantly it allows us, users and other developers to catch 32-bit to 64-bit porting errors early where the developers forgot to update the code properly. So instead of passing the plug-in pointers with all upper zeros letting the plug-in load thinking everything is fine (and crash at you randomly later) it will crash instantly.

Now, that might sound odd that that's supposed to be better but every developer worth anything knows that pretending bugs aren't there aren't gonna fix them. And this is the kind of bug that can crash on you randomly or when you add the plug-in to a project which is already quite full. Maybe you need 17 Kontakts loaded in RAM before adding the plugin for it to happen but that makes it even more annoying when it does.

So what should you do about it?
1) Tell the developer to stop truncating the upper 32-bits of 64-bit pointers
2) Use the 32-bit versions until they issue a fix

Interesting.
Thanks Claes for the info.
That could account for some other crashes I see too.

So back to Image Line it goes - and I was so happy when their plugins finally worked ... ;-)

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi

Which one is crashing?

I've tried Harmor, Sytrus and Maximus 64 bit versions and don't have any issues in beta 5.

Harmor & Sytrus are giving me the red error message described earlier in the thread by Megamez. Worked fine on non-beta versions so assuming related to what Claes has mentioned above.

Windows 8.1 64 bit

Now who's going to tell gol from image line.... lol

Hehehehe ;-)

Here is the page with all the latest downloads if anybody should be unsure:
http://www.image-line.com/downloads/downloads.html

I re-downloaded everything now and tried again, but so far only goatgirl seems to be lucky with 64 Bit.

Cheers,

Tom

http://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.p ... 9&t=132430

Feel free to contribute to the thread,

Cheers,

Tom

ThomasHelzle wrote: I re-downloaded everything now and tried again, but so far only goatgirl seems to be lucky with 64 Bit.
Sorry, just spent 2 hours completely blissed out on the beta, trying to get the synths to crash and failing ;)

If its any help, here are the versions I am running:

Sawer v1.2.2 64bit
Sytrus v2.6.77 64bit
Harmor v1.3.11 64bit ** (now v1.3.12)
Maximus v1.0.23 64bit ** (now v1.0.24)

Windows 7 sp 1 64 bit

Bitwig 1.1 beta 5

From kurasu's post, he suggests that 64 bit plugins should crash immediately if there is 32 bit to 64 bit truncation within the plugin. As such I would expect to see that too. If these versions are crashing on your system, then perhaps the only difference is in windows version you are using. As I understand it, so far all the crashes are being reported on the windows 8 variety.

As I say, I've had these running for the past couple of hours in a mini project without issue.

I hope you get this resolved quickly, as these are really nice synths to play with. :phones:

** Edit **
updated: Harmor v1.3.12 64bit
updated: Maximus v1.0.24 64bit
Last edited by goatgirl on Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harmor V1.3 build12 64bit
Bitwig 1.1 BETA5
Widows7 sp1 64bit

No problem.
Maybe I have used Harmor form 1.1 BETA1.

windows 8.1 must be a problem I guess. Wierd that windows 7 wouldn't have a problem and 8.1 wouldnt
Last edited by Megamez on Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

I've also updated to latest versions without problems:

Harmor v1.3.12 64bit
Maximus v1.0.24 64bit

Return to “Bitwig”