Bug reports

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fyler RapidComposer

Hi Attila!
I loved the recent improvements!
Very good idea with the local sequencer in VST !
Now the plugin has the Record button, but how to make a record from DAW, if you can not set the MIDI controller? I do not know how to make a record (

While I do not understand the dependence of synchronization in VST and sets size of the buffer in the DAW (The smaller the buffer, the better the synchronization, but
more CPU load) 16/32/64 Already 128 buffer synchronization markedly diverges!
But of course the plug began to work even better, though still with DP plus problem not play some notes especially in the beginning ...
Plus DP gives an error " Internal error: Function can not be called from interrupt level "
Although the same problem with the buffer and synchronization and has NI MASCHINE …

It seems to me that the function scale "auto" can not to remove - it's good to use if the unknown what scale to choose )))

I look forward to possibility drag-and-drop MIDI files directly in the track of the RC
and the ability to enter with midi controller chords progressions editor and impose rules chords !
Sincerely lulukom

Sorry, record from DAW in RС VST has already learned )))))

Hi lulukom,

thank you for your comments.
I am actively working on the VST plug-in; today the internal logic was reworked, and now it works in DAWs where looping did not work well before. I have not tested it with DP yet.
"Auto" scale will be removed in the next update because I have not received any positive feedback about its usability. It was just an idea that was not hard to implement.

Best regards,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Hello Attila!
musicdevelopments wrote:"Auto" scale will be removed in the next update because I have not received any positive feedback about its usability. It was just an idea that was not hard to implement.
And no negative either? (in this case I suggest you to wait a bit, say one or two released sub-versions, before you decide. It's just a suggestion, of course, but based on the fact that perhaps there has not been enough users who have seen that feature).
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Yes, I have not had an opportunity to investigate this myself and look forward to having that opportunity.

What is the function?

If it is what I think it is then for those not well versed in scales I would think it to be quite useful.

Unless it creates issues to leave it in I recommend doing so just so that it is a feature that is available if a user needs it.

Each of us, after all, will never use every feature available in RC. I for example do not use the Roman Numerals for chords but I certainly can see where others will and appreciate that feature.

Personally, Attila, I am quite confident you program in those features you feel can be useful. You must have felt that with Auto else I believe you would not have wasted your efforts. :tu:

JM2C ;)

Happy Musiking!
dsan

EDIT: I want to add, I think, unless I am under misunderstanding, the whole premise of RC is "Auto".

I appreciate, and prefer, that aspect of RC.

I am not one of those that can have that ditty playing in my head and put it down on paper or in a DAW.

But, I like the ability to tweak what the program has generated. Then, once complete, I feel like I have been the master of the composition.

HTH you to decide to leave it in and perhaps improve it, if it needs to be improved ;)
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

I vote for retaining the new 'Auto-scale-from Chord' feature . . . .
Actually, that functionality is used quite frequently when orchestrating/composing for larger bodies of instrumental orchestras.

Without calling it exactly this, I have ( as many others have ) used and needed that functionality to 'flush/flesh' out background 'color' motion in background instrumental sections, to add depth to a spot or sequence of some greater dominant harmonic color
( derived from CHORDS ) .. The french impressionist period is absolutely full of this technique when applied by its great composers ( Debussy, Ravel, ... etc... )

For instance, given a dominant chord, harps were very, very frequently tuned to, and given the 'associated scale' to glissando upon ... also, the very familiar woodwind 'smears' and swirls going up and down are nothing more than interval related/derived scales rapidly running up and down within and utilizing the 'ASSOCIATED' scales of the current, dominant chord . . color . . color . . . color and sparkle, sparkle.

Also, a great 'crutch' for those of us who've had to compose (for years) page after page after page of background music for TV and film , while pretending to generate something which gave the impression of the whole being greater than the sum of its parts ...

It's just another tool ( no need to tidy up the menus now . . I am close to memorizing just where everything is )

Regards,

-- atonal

In the end, you can make  "auto" switched on / off in the settings!

lulukom wrote:In the end, you can make  "auto" switched on / off in the settings!
Good point!
:tu:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

Thank you, BlackWinny, dsan, Atonal, lulukom for the feedback! :clap:
I did as you suggested.

A new beta version is available now! It is built for all configurations (OS X/Win, full/LE).
Changes:
  • [VST] The internal logic was reworked. As a result the plug-in will work better (especially looping) in some hosts.
  • MIDI drag-and-drop is possible directly on a track or in the phrase editor. If you drop a MIDI file on other areas, the MIDI Import page opens. Keep in mind that the dropped MIDI notes are 'absolute' notes.
  • 'Collapse All' button is added to browsers
  • 'Auto' scale feature is enabled by a setting (disabled by default)
The final v2.8 will be released at the end of November or in early December because the improvements and new features added in the past weeks were not expected/planned. The database handling rewrite and browser improvement is still ahead and is high priority because many users maintain thousands of phrases.

Thanks,
Attila

musicdevelopments wrote:The final v2.8 will be released at the end of November or in early December because the improvements and new features added in the past weeks were not expected/planned.
Take your time. Chi va piano va sano e va lontano.
:D
In Chinese we say "It's only with time and patience that the mulberry tree leaves become silk".

You are a wise man, BlackWinny... :hail:

Hi Attila!
Thank you very much for implementing drag-and-drop MIDI files to track RС! Works great!
Unfortunately it does not work directly from the DP, only through the Finder ((
And while there are still problems, depending on synchronization and buffer DAW … And the RC and VST plugin !

-If it's set to turn off the audio API, it is always (even on different systems), error occurs "Audio Error Error When Setting Audio Device "

-good innovation "Collaps all group" , but why not do it for track inspectors and inspectors phrases (Phrase Variations /Track Variations/Track midi Controllers)?

I'm really looking forward to the next novelty -
ability to enter with midi controller chords progressions editor and impose rules chords !Create custom rules progressions of my chord progressions!

Do you remember our correspondence about the possibility of setting scales and modes for each individual track?
Thank you for your work to improve the program!
Sincerely lulukom

Thank you, lulukom! I will check these issues.

Best regards,
Attila

Yes, Attila another unpleasant surprise with the new beta ...
In MAC OSX Yosemite is loaded, but any action with transport ( start/stop /etc ) - Crash !!!
With the Mavericks the same!
But on a MacBook with 10.7.5 Lion works fine!

re: MIDI playback random drop-outs

ver 2.8b4
WIN X/P

--> Loading MIDI files results in occasional note drop-outs when playing back

I am using the 'same' midi test files I have used for the last 2 years, and they always worked fine without this play-back drop out problem, until now.

Upon loading a midi file, 'random and occasional' notes are not being sounded on playback (almost like selected note MUTING... the sound DROPS-OUT, ... the notes come in visibly, and are registered ok, but the sound (random notes ) is absent when I play the file.

I only began having this problem 2 or 3 beta releases ago.
I do not have this issue with any other music application/platform

-- atonal

Return to “MusicDevelopments”