deactivated plugin still shown in windows task manager.

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

when i deactivate plugin, bitwigpluginhost64.exe is still shown in windows task manager.
and i feel like it should be gone to save memory.

is this right?
someone know about computer please let me know what this means.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by nexttrack30 on Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

nexttrack30 wrote:when i deactivate plugin, bitwigpluginhost64.exe is still shown in windows task manager.

is this right?
That's normal.. It's always been there before the Beta. Pluginhost64.exe, I think, is Bitwig host which manages plugins, internal or vst's.
Thomas can chime in anytime.

c-wave wrote:
nexttrack30 wrote:when i deactivate plugin, bitwigpluginhost64.exe is still shown in windows task manager.

is this right?
That's normal.. It's always been there before the Beta. Pluginhost64.exe, I think, is Bitwig host which manages plugins, internal or vst's.
Thomas can chime in anytime.
hmm i just assumed deactivated plugin(bitwigpluginhost64.exe) should be gone to save memory.
maybe it is not saving memory? i'm not computer expert so i don't know what i'm talking about :ud:

It's a CPU processing saving feature rather than a memory saving feature. Even when a device is deactive you can still see it and you can even change settings, it just doesn't get processed by the CPU. Looking at the running processors image, it looks like you will have more problems with your browser than any plugin ;)
Last edited by goatgirl on Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

duplicate post

goatgirl wrote:It's a CPU processing saving feature rather than a memory saving feature. Even when a device is deactive you can still see it and you can even change settings, it just doesn't get processed by the CPU. Looking at the running processors image, it looks like you will have more problems with your browser than any plugin ;)
That is correct.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

goatgirl wrote:It's a CPU processing saving feature rather than a memory saving feature. Even when a device is deactive you can still see it and you can even change settings, it just doesn't get processed by the CPU. Looking at the running processors image, it looks like you will have more problems with your browser than any plugin ;)
thx for clearing my head.
i was just testing, playing stuff with bitwig. web surfing was my main job then :hihi:

Return to “Bitwig”