Bitwig Studio 1.1 Beta 5

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Kontakt v. 5.41.211:
Kontakt 8-out and 16-out do not preserve the device panel mappings saved on Kontakt 2-out (were saved on v 1.0.15).
Also, Kontakt 2-out (supposedly) shows 32 out. Is that Good ? normal?
Sent to tech support.

c-wave wrote:Kontakt v. 5.41.211:
Kontakt 8-out and 16-out do not preserve the device panel mappings saved on Kontakt 2-out (were saved on v 1.0.15).
Sent to tech support.
The thing with the device panel mappings is possible since BWS sees them as separate plugins.
8 and 16 out look normal to me but the standard Kontakt (which shows no output number for me) which is I think supposed to have 32 outputs (?) shows much higher numbers. I'm pretty sure that is new, but I'm not sure if it's due to changes in Kontakt or in Bitwig.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote:
c-wave wrote:Kontakt v. 5.41.211:
Sent to tech support.
The thing with the device panel mappings is possible since BWS sees them as separate plugins.
8 and 16 out look normal to me but the standard Kontakt (which shows no output number for me) which is I think supposed to have 32 outputs (?) shows much higher numbers. I'm pretty sure that is new, but I'm not sure if it's due to changes in Kontakt or in Bitwig.

Cheers,

Tom
Edit: Did you mean above: "The thing with the device panel mappings is ** NOT ** possible since.."? If that is the case, can I copy a certain pref's or mappings file in order not to repeat the whole mapping for each?

Kontakt 5 (normal) is showing 64 outs for sure here.. win 8.1 Pro x64.
BTW, Analog Lab is showing (finally) on Beta 5 after that cache delete.. thanks Tom.
C-Wave

Not having much luck with the beta.
First, it took so long for Bitwig to index my VSTs, I thought the computer had hung up. My only software synth with multiple outs to test is Stylus RMX. I grabbed their current version but still, no success in setting it up multitimbral. Also, no Drag and Drop from RMX into a Bitwig arrangement or clip. Then Bitwig refused to quit. I had to do a hard shutdown of my laptop to get it to stop. My TC Electronic Konnekt 6 audio interface and iConnect Midi2+ worked fine. Signal routing was fine.
I couldn't create more than a few instrument or audio tracks either. Save was disabled as well. I guess I'll continue with 1.0.15 until all these things are worked out.

Maybe something else somewhere has to be updated. My OS perhaps? I'm still on OSX 10.8.5. I'm not one to jump to the latest OS right away, especially when things are running stable, as they are. Maybe I overlooked something.

P Wig
Bitwig Studio 2.0
MacBook Pro OSX 10.11.6
TC Electronics Desktop Konnekt 6/iConnect Midi 2+
Novation 49SL MkII/Novation Launchpad Controllers

Speaking of output problems, Addictive Drums doesn't show all it's outputs. It has Master, Kick, HiHat, Tom 2, Tom 4, Flexi 2, Overhead, Room and Bus.

It's missing Snare, Tom 1, Tom3, Flexi 1, Flexi 3.

The missing ones, when sent to separate outputs end up in one of the other outputs in Bitwig, like the Snare comes out the Kick channel or Tom 1 is in the Hihat channel.

Can this be fixed on the user end?

It's not possible to use the scrollbar in the midi cc list in note edit mode. Scroll the cc list per mousewheel works fine.

The active area overlaps the scrollbar.

Can anyone confirm this glitch?

c-wave wrote:Edit: Did you mean above: "The thing with the device panel mappings is ** NOT ** possible since.."? If that is the case, can I copy a certain pref's or mappings file in order not to repeat the whole mapping for each?

BTW, Analog Lab is showing (finally) on Beta 5 after that cache delete.. thanks Tom.
C-Wave
May meaning was that "it's possible that these are seen as multiple plugins".
You can try to copy the device mappings: They are in Documents\Bitwig Studio\Auto Mappings. Problem is, they are named by VST ID so you would need to move all your mappings to somewhere else, create dummy mappings for the plugins in question to get their IDs and then try to move their default.bwdevicemap file to the other instances.
I never tried this and don't know if this file contains other identifiers (it probably does) but it may be worth a try. You can move back your mappings afterwards but don't overwrite the ones you replaced.

Let us know if this is possible.

64 Outputs - jeeezzzz... So I guess it makes sense to always use one of the others to save resources...

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi

P-Wig:
That quit-bug is investigated ATM, some people can reproduce it on slower machines with starting BWS from a Bitwig file by doubleclicking in Explorer/Finder. I personally can no longer re-create the problem but I could before. Do you start BWS by doubleclicking a project file maybe?

Long VST-Scan times can result from a change in the code where badly ported 64 Bit plugins now crash on scan instead of crash later (see the Image Line Plugin thread for an explanation from Claes) - sadly they take long to crash. I see that too ;-)

Spectrasonics plugins continue to be problematic.

So yes, it is a Beta and problems are to be expected. Please report all your findings with as much detail as possible to tech-support so things can be fixed - which is the whole point of doing an open beta ;-)

Echoes: Can you send this to tech support? I don't know how the number of outputs is determined but this looks like something went wrong. I don't have addictive drums so can't verify.

Cheers,

Tom

Just digging into this thing now, - WOW such progress most happy much love

ThomasHelzle wrote:
c-wave wrote:Edit: Did you mean above: "The thing with the device panel mappings is ** NOT ** possible since.."? If that is the case, can I copy a certain pref's or mappings file in order not to repeat the whole mapping for each?

C-Wave
May meaning was that "it's possible that these are seen as multiple plugins".
You can try to copy the device mappings: They are in Documents\Bitwig Studio\Auto Mappings. Problem is, they are named by VST ID so you would need to move all your mappings to somewhere else, create dummy mappings for the plugins in question to get their IDs and then try to move their default.bwdevicemap file to the other instances.
I never tried this and don't know if this file contains other identifiers (it probably does) but it may be worth a try. You can move back your mappings afterwards but don't overwrite the ones you replaced.

Let us know if this is possible.

64 Outputs - jeeezzzz... So I guess it makes sense to always use one of the others to save resources...

Cheers,

Tom
Yes it works! Wow,, rudimentary solution but fun :) I also was able to do without having to restart Bitwig, just deleting then reinserting the vst after copying the orginal on top of the new file in the created folder.
By the way, although the file was encrypted, but I could see some of the names of mapping categories (inside the text file), which made it easier to figure out which folder ID belonged to which VST.

(Note: maybe a good idea to change the category (in metadata from synth to sampler?)
Last edited by c-wave on Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

xanthos wrote:who can help when there is no beta download link within the account information?
account with license on bitwig: kolliders (maybe dom or someone who is able, can check? thanks!)
C'mon, you just bought it yesterday! Can you imagine how long others waited?
Sorry, just joking ;-) Welcome on board, have tons of fun! And i just added a beta license...

Cheers,
Dom

:party:

dom@bitwig wrote:
xanthos wrote:who can help when there is no beta download link within the account information?
account with license on bitwig: (maybe dom or someone who is able, can check? thanks!)
C'mon, you just bought it yesterday! Can you imagine how long others waited?
Sorry, just joking ;-) Welcome on board, have tons of fun! And i just added a beta license...

Cheers,
Dom
Awesome! Thank you Dom! Well, the Beta was a little bit of a buying decision ;-)

I found a couple of issues with Beta 5.
Windows 8.1 64bit

-Melodyne plugin does not work. Gives error at scanning and does not show up.
It was working on 1.015 (sent e-mail to beta team)
-When using NI Maschine 2.1 Multi output I deactivate some outputs in the mixer view. When saving and re-opening the project it does not remember the deactivated outputs and all are enabled again.
-When selecting track inputs on an audio track (Maschine seperate post outs in this case), and I save the project and re-open, it does not remember the inputs and just shows "(post)" in the channel input.
-When using the deactivate plugin option (shift mouse) and want to reactivate an external plugin, it crashes the audio engine. It works fine with internal Bitwig plugins. Unfortunately I cannot replicate the crash again.

Hope all is clear.

djpremacy wrote: -When using NI Maschine 2.1 Multi output I deactivate some outputs in the mixer view. When saving and re-opening the project it does not remember the deactivated outputs and all are enabled again.

-When using the deactivate plugin option (shift mouse) and want to reactivate an external plugin, it crashes the audio engine. It works fine with internal Bitwig plugins. Unfortunately I cannot replicate the crash again.
Hope all is clear.
-same things happens in win7 64bit with battery4.
not remembering deactivate state.

-freezed when click on/off button of deactivated plugin while song is playing.
it was fx chain which have external plugin.

btw i didn't know i can deactivate with shift+click. much more convenient than ctrl+alt+d.
thx djpremacy. where did you find it?
Last edited by nexttrack30 on Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Bitwig”