Kontakt NI Studio Drummer Script

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have a beginner question. I am editing the NI studio drummer grooves script at the moment.

Is it possible to mute a midi note via the script, for example C1 (Bassdrum) if I press/hold C0 for example?

Sure. I imagine, you would need to set a variable when C0 is pressed/released, and in 'on note' callback, you could check on the variable, check on the note number, and use ignore_midi command, if they all match. Or you are taking about stopping a drumcomputer type script which generates notes?

The internal studio drummer script plays the full groove if i click on the play button. I want to mute some elements
of this groove on the fly, bassdrum for example (C1).

Then find play_note command in the script and insert condition there.

Or, if you have empty script slots, insert separate note muting script after the drummer factory script, may be easier.

It should not be so straightforward, since script does some internal remappings. It may be easier to unload/load kit piece, but there is disadvantage that you need to do that with mouse.

ok, thank you! i will try that. how should the script condition code look like? condition should be play_note if C0 is not pressed/hold for example.

The 5 SD scripts are pretty complex... I suppose your only chance would be entering some code into, say, script from slot 3, since it has the shortest note callback, and ignoring particular notes there.

Also, C0 already does Crash 2 choking.

It can be any other key , dont have to be C0.

i would like to mute bassdrum, hihats and snare.

@ruslan: It is possible to map C1 to "none" instead of "bassdrum" in the main window. But i dont know how this can be automated.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”