Mixcraft 7?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AlesisVi61 wrote:Acoustica survives I think,because of their pricing,customer support,feature set and also due to the fact that there is a way...among a certain group of users,to manipulate their computers to accommodate M6
I installed Mixcraft 6 on my Windows 8 computer a couple of months ago, all the manipulation I had to do was double clicking the installer, runs fine.

Numanoid wrote:
AlesisVi61 wrote:Acoustica survives I think,because of their pricing,customer support,feature set and also due to the fact that there is a way...among a certain group of users,to manipulate their computers to accommodate M6
I installed Mixcraft 6 on my Windows 8 computer a couple of months ago, all the manipulation I had to do was double clicking the installer, runs fine.
Define "runs fine"?Did you just use it with the included plug-in's?Did you use all of the included plug-in's?Did you use 3rd party VST's in it?If so,which ones?
Did you try importing video and using it in your M6??
Keep in mind also...it's been a long while since I've used M6...so,for all I know,there may have been updates to version 6,since I last used it,a few years ago.

Another possibility for my issues(as they were)...was at that time,I had bought a gaming computer from Walmart(a Cyberpower PC) and Walmart's computers have always been unusually inexpensive,compared to other retailers...so perhaps,there may have been some essential components missing from Windows 7 OS...because that computer would behave oddly,as there were some programs that would not run on it at all...such as my Sony Vegas Studio software and my NI K6 bundle.

Still though...Mixcraft 6 installed on my PC with no issues and as long as I did not use 3rd party stuff and the video function,it worked pretty well(but this was utterly pointless),for what I wanted to use M6 for.

AlesisVi61 wrote:Well...that is the most logical and obvious thing to do,is to try a demo first...if that had not occurred to me,I wouldn't even have bothered to start a thread about Mixcraft 7.
Well I'm still trying to figure out exactly why you did start this thread.

You've described various problems with Mixcraft 6 but dismissed every helpful suggestion that has been offered. You claim to like Mixcraft, sorry, Mixcrap, but seem convinced that it's fatally flawed due to incompetent developers, and the users that report no issues can only do so because they know the secrets and compromises required to get it work properly.

You seem to be looking for a reason to get Mixcraft 7 but under no circumstances will you consider it. I don't think anyone can help you with that.

And shame on Acoustica for staying in business by providing pricing, support and features that please their customers.

cubanoid wrote:
AlesisVi61 wrote:Well...that is the most logical and obvious thing to do,is to try a demo first...if that had not occurred to me,I wouldn't even have bothered to start a thread about Mixcraft 7.
Well I'm still trying to figure out exactly why you did start this thread.

You've described various problems with Mixcraft 6 but dismissed every helpful suggestion that has been offered. You claim to like Mixcraft, sorry, Mixcrap, but seem convinced that it's fatally flawed due to incompetent developers, and the users that report no issues can only do so because they know the secrets and compromises required to get it work properly.

You seem to be looking for a reason to get Mixcraft 7 but under no circumstances will you consider it. I don't think anyone can help you with that.

And shame on Acoustica for staying in business by providing pricing, support and features that please their customers.
Well...don't burst a blood vessel in thinking too hard over why I am considering Mixcraft 7 and I am sorry it's so confusing and frustrating for you to be involved in this thread.
Apparently...you've never contemplated,procrastinated or been indecisive about anything in your life....as you have always known exactly what you wanted immediately,so it would be unreasonable on my part,to expect you to understand my plight.
Over half of the people in this thread seem to want to draw the simplest conclusion,that Mixcraft is absolute perfection and that it's solely my fault(just because some claim to have no issues whatsoever)...either that,or that I should just stay away from anything might give me issues.

You talk as if I am anti-Acoustica and that I wish Acoustica to go under...but I don't...it's just that I am anti-version 6 and much prefer to just give Mixcraft 7 a chance.

I'll try to simplify things for you,by being as brief and concise as possible...I am done with Mixcraft 6(notice I didn't say Mixcrap,so as to not upset you) and have been done with M6 for quite some time and there is no need to keep rehashing M6,when all I am interested in at this point,is Mixcraft 7.

Let me be abundantly clear about one other thing as well,buying another DAW is not a critical move for me to make..because I can do just fine without it...but I am toying with the idea of Mixcraft 7,because it appears to be an improvement and it may prove to be a nice companion along with my other software,that's all.

I know you were trying to help and I am sincerely sorry if you took my response in a negative way,but I've had my fill of the most obvious of trouble shooting ideas long ago.

Maybe we could dispense with all of the wisecracks..please?

This is definitely played out and I am done with it.

Peace out.

No burst blood vessels or upset here, I'm just trying to point out the contradictions in your posts.

If you start a thread on a discussion forum it's not unreasonable for people to think you're looking for suggestions and opinions - if you just want to mull over a decision to yourself you should probably keep it to yourself.

And please don't think I care that much about you or your problems.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”