Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Largo PPG Wave 3.V Waldorf Edition: Attack Waldorf Edition: D-Pole Waldorf Edition: PPG Wave 2.V

Teksonik wrote: I've sent a support request to Waldorf........
Received a really rude and abusive response from Waldorf "support" Consequentially I've lost interest in buying anything from them............... :roll:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:Now that I think about it I might have gotten this version as MagWare from Beat maybe ? I know it was never CD here. I've sent a support request to Waldorf........
I got the LE edition via Beat, and am runnng the new 1.7.4 rc's just fine, so should be the same for you, as far as I can remember I just installed the old 1.3.0 and activated, the new rc's just installed over the top no need to reactivation

I have my PPG 3.V in a bundle in the sales threat. If you want get the PPG for a really fair price, contact me ;)
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

Teksonik wrote:
Received a really rude and abusive response from Waldorf "support" Consequentially I've lost interest in buying anything from them............... :roll:
I didn't receive a great response either. In the subject line of my email to them, I said which product I was writing about (PPG Wave 3.V), and then in the response they asked what product I was talking about. (?) :-?
If they'd actually read the email, maybe they would know.

Besides that, it's a nice synth, I like it :)
Last edited by Examigan on Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Does anyone have Largo or PPG Wave 3.V running on Yosemite?
I've tried the last RC's of Largo and PPG Wave 3.v but they don't pass Logic Pro's validation...
Mac Studio M2 Ultra, Sonoma, Logic X, Orion 32+, mioXL, V-Synth XT, JD-990, MC-909, OB-X8, NINA, KK61 mkII

flonky wrote:Does anyone have Largo or PPG Wave 3.V running on Yosemite?
I've tried the last RC's of Largo and PPG Wave 3.v but they don't pass Logic Pro's validation...
Waldorf had mentioned this at their Facebook page 2 days ago:
Dear customers & friends,

Waldorf Plugins aren't completely compatible with OSX Yosemite at present. We are working hard on updates. Yosemite updates will be released in the upcoming weeks and will be announced here.
link: https://www.facebook.com/WaldorfMusic

I had already quoted that in a dedicated thead for OSX Yosemite here at the Instruments forum of KVR but not in this thread yet.
The thread seems to be moved to a different location now:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 6&t=422882

Best wishes,
Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Yearly OS releases is the worst idea in the history of computing.

They thought different and made that happen. (FWIW I use an iMac)

ZINO wrote:Yearly OS releases is the worst idea in the history of computing.
Unless you are the only manufacturer of the computers that run it and want to sell more computers :wink:

Wisest thing to do is keep the old OS working for as long as you can hold it.
Last edited by fmr on Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

DELETED (wrong button again) :?
Fernando (FMR)

Largo BUG found:

Impossible to control Filter 1 & 2 FM amount from matrix.

Tested on OSX10.8, in Plogue Bidule & Renoise.

Just wanted to say that i installed Largo 64-bit on my laptop now, latest version of Largo, RC6, and the issue described in my earlier post still occurs: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 4#p5815294 Time to fix this really. I guess there's many people logged into their computer as a normal user, and not as administrator.

In short: The Largo installer requires to be run with administrative rights. It then creates a folder named "Waldorf" in the admin users /AppData/Roaming folder. If you are logged into Windows as a user without administrative rights, and you start your host without administrative rights, Largo crashes the host, because it expects the folder "Waldorf" to be in the normal users /AppData/Roaming folder also, which is where it looks it you're logged in as a normal user without admin rights. Basically, the installer should create the "Waldorf" folder in every users /AppData/Roaming directory, not just in the admin users one. Should be easy enough for Waldorf to fix.

I wonder why noone else complained about it. Everyone logged into Windows with a user account with administration rights? It's more secure to be looged in as a normal user actually...

chk071 wrote: I wonder why noone else complained about it. Everyone logged into Windows with a user account with administration rights? It's more secure to be looged in as a normal user actually...
Personally i am always logged in with administrator rights. Does it work when you at least install the software with administrator rights and use without administrator rights later? At the folder you mentioned the factory presets and the manuals for Largo and PPG Wave 3.V should be installed (also called "local library").

BTW in the past there were a LOT of other bugs where i was really surprised that no one else had found them (including myself... :oops: )..
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Teksonik wrote:
What constitutes as rude and abusive? I usually just don't get a response at all.

-Sam

Ingonator wrote:
chk071 wrote: I wonder why noone else complained about it. Everyone logged into Windows with a user account with administration rights? It's more secure to be looged in as a normal user actually...
Personally i am always logged in with administrator rights. Does it work when you at least install the software with administrator rights and use without administrator rights later? At the folder you mentioned the factory presets and the manuals for Largo and PPG Wave 3.V should be installed (also called "local library").
Yep, that works. Probably when running the host as admin, Largo accesses the admin's AppData folder to access the "Waldorf" folder. But it's only a "dirty" workaround, as it's usually not necessary to start the host with administrative rights, and it's also counter productive, as you won't be working with the actual users folders, but with the ones of the user with administrative rights... for example, presets and settings could be stored in the admin's user folder instead of the actual users ones. As i wrote, it really should not a big deal, all that the Largo installer has to do is create the "Waldorf" folder in every users /AppData/Roaming folder. Would be cool if you could pass that on to Waldorf. :)

Running a host or anything else, as a matter of fact, in admin rights is just plain bad practice and there is absolutely no excuse for it. It's just stupid, end of story. Music software that needs admin rights is really bad and incompetent programming, IMHO. When installing it must ask for admin credentials, when running it absolutely should not need privilege escalation. In AD 2014 anything else is just inexcusable and deserves full contempt.
No signature here!

Return to “Instruments”