Official Serum thread!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

bludreamsounds wrote:I'm digging that harp and what I've heard so far. Will have my preorder in soon.
I manage to resist till yesterday and placed my pre-order then.

rsp
sound sculptist

Ha, as did I . He is a talented sound designer though. I recall hearing his previous work, nice work.

Thank's much, guys! Inspiring times with all that great gear around.

The really funny thing with Serum is that it seems to create so much controversy on various forums, people are nearly killing themselves over it. It's just a great synth for many and the opposite for fewer others, so what, calm down everybody.

bludreamsounds wrote:Ha, as did I . He is a talented sound designer though. I recall hearing his previous work, nice work.
I was compelled to buy both of the "Granular" soundsets for another pad-oriented synth the other day. Liking them. Makes me look towards the Serum presets with interest as well.
:tu:
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

ATS wrote:
Kinh wrote:Soft synths generally aren't renowned for their warmth. Some synths like Omnisphere which can be a little on the warm side or heavyocity stuff dont seem to be as commercial sounding as others that are more synthetic like Serum. If you really want warmth you need to venture into hard synth territory...particularly the new Kingkorg.
Serum is great because it IS cold, in my books. You listen to the radio now a days dats what you hear, not only in synth but vocals. Cold is cool.

nonsense, total nonsense.
+ 1 !

It can be cold but also warm.
If I want the warmness of analog hardware synth I use Waldorf D-Pol after Serum or send it to an effect-buss with D-Pol.

No need of effect-buss :P
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Every soundset need one last video, so here it comes, a patch named Big Table Morpher, made from 15 single cycles produced with various hard- and softsynths, importing them all into one table, morhing between them and building this patch around it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq2eLoFpdHY

Important note for Win7 users from Russia and other countries wherein cyrillic alphabet is used. If you want to use the factory presets, after the installation you have to move the folder "Serum Presets" from the folder "Документы" elsewhere so that the path to this folder wouldn't contain any cyrillic letters and then manually indicate this location within the synth when asked to find it.

Пользователям Win 7 из России и других стран, где используется кириллица - если хотите использовать заводские пресеты, после установки переместите папку "Serum Presets" из папки "документы" в любое другое место, так, чтобы путь к папке не содержал кириллицы, а потом вручную укажите, где находится папка, когда синт вас об этом попросит.

Not sure if this hasn't been discussed earlier, didn't bother to go through all 78 pages. :)

The synth sounds good but seems to be badly optimised. Not sure if I need it cause I have Massive and Harmor to cover this ground.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Every soundset need one last video, so here it comes, a patch named Big Table Morpher, made from 15 single cycles produced with various hard- and softsynths, importing them all into one table, morhing between them and building this patch around it:

JungeJunge, echt der Hammer. Respekt :clap:

Sampleconstruct wrote:Every soundset need one last video, so here it comes, a patch named Big Table Morpher, made from 15 single cycles produced with various hard- and softsynths, importing them all into one table, morhing between them and building this patch around it:
Preordered. This soundest is going to be epic.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Stanoli wrote:

JungeJunge, echt der Hammer. Respekt :clap:
DankeDanke für die Blumen :party:

billcarroll wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:Every soundset need one last video, so here it comes, a patch named Big Table Morpher, made from 15 single cycles produced with various hard- and softsynths, importing them all into one table, morhing between them and building this patch around it:
Preordered. This soundest is going to be epic.
Thanks, Bill, I do think it has many epic but also some quiet and fragile moments.

Good job :)
That's one of the best presets I've heard from Serum and shows what it is capable of in the right hands.

kurodo wrote:

Good job :)
That's one of the best presets I've heard from Serum and shows what it is capable of in the right hands.
Thank you :tu: :party:

Return to “Instruments”