Peak Rider: Sample-accurate, zero latency dynamic peak matching plugin. v1.10 released!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Really? They do sell the same thing under serious & "cooler" name? Holy crap... Anyway the "Drum turbo" is so crazy that I'm actually to try to develop something for it to see if it will actually work :D :D.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Forgive Me but where I can download to test it??? Could post the link please???

Sorry for the lack of updates, but we have indeed been hard at work on Peak Rider! The latest version of the plugin is in testing now, sporting full adjustable multiband & MS processing among other things.

The plugin now sports improved algorithms & CPU usage, as well as lookahead on the Limit mode. New demos to come soon!
MeldaProduction wrote:I'm confused - how does this differ to a downwards expander? I just tried out of curiosity using MDynamics and it was pretty it took me just a minute to get the same thing probably (the orchestra mapped rhythmized by drum track). So what am I missing?
It's not an expander - it adjusts dynamics dependent on input, whether internal or external. It may at one point compress the signal and then expand shortly thereafter. In other words, Peak Rider continuously adjusts compression / expansion fluidly based on the audio signal.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Ok thanks for the info. Can you be more specific? I mean an example when this could happens? (the expansion after compression) I'm asking because I don't see a point in that.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

One obvious application is matching the dynamics of vocal parts. Say you have one lead vocal and three harmonies, and you want everything to sound tight. Using the lead vocal as a sidechain you can match the dynamics of the harmonies, keeping everything nice and even.

You could apply peak matching from a drum loop to a static synth, producing interesting rhythmic pulses following your drum part. This can be further modified by adjusting multiband parameters, i.e. you could have the synth only react strongly to the kick portion of a drum loop while reacting less to the mid and highs.

Another drum usage is to match the peaks of one drum part to another part, so you get all of the accents and ghost notes matched across both, something not possible with compression or expansion alone. This would normally only be doable through extensive automation.

The ability to distort and amp anything and preserve dynamics from the dry signal is also quite useful as mentioned in the original post. This is NOT possible with simple expansion, or even multiband expansion, whereas Peak Rider preserves the dynamics of every detail perfectly.

Through all of these uses you have control over the attack, decay, and transient smoothing per band which can produce a number of interesting effects as well.

But, if you don't find the concept interesting or useful based on my description, that's fine. We'll have more audio + video soon and there will be a demo version when we release.

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

If send a sine wave of a constant level, will it even out signal?

Yes, pretty much :-)

We have a release candidate now - stay tuned for more info!

This sounds like what I've been looking for, and I'm surprised I can't think of something that does this already?

This is indeed a novel concept, as far as we're aware. The possible uses are endless. Very excited to be bringing it out no later than November, with more audio + video content coming soon.

I will pay a very high price for a vst3 version of this (as long as it's stable). Between this trackspacer and mdynamiceq, super tedious mix problem solving is getting pretty easy. And that's not even considering the creative uses.

JJ

P.s. Please please please release a vst 3 version of this. I will help fund the porting of the code if need be.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Ah_Dziz wrote:I will pay a very high price for a vst3 version of this (as long as it's stable). Between this trackspacer and mdynamiceq, super tedious mix problem solving is getting pretty easy. And that's not even considering the creative uses.
Peak Rider was originally announced with an eventual VST3 version but it seems that's been put on indefinite hold in favour of the Mac port. That's a common theme around here and not entirely unjustified if you listen to how many devs talk about the inconsistencies and timing problems of the VST3 spec (a lot of bitterness and frustration in that rhetoric). And yet other devs like Fabfilter, Melda, iZotope and others seem to embrace it quite fluidly... dunno... :shrug:

But I'm also disappointed that VST3 is no longer a priority particularly because I proposed this a couple of years ago and had some discussions with Melda and Hornet about it that got very close to it; the idea of manipulating the comp/exp from the sidechain seems to be a breakthrough approach. But the thought of dealing with those awkward quadro channels and routing again... :(

This plugin is great! To add to the list of uses, my most common application of it is in mixing; I use it in multiband mode and sidechain the mids of the instrumental bus to the vocal bus, making room for vocals to cut through but keeping the mids full when the vocals drop out. Easy vocal separation takes a few seconds.

Who said VST3 isn't a priority? :-) We'll have the VST3 version available day 1.

zircon wrote:Who said VST3 isn't a priority? :-) We'll have the VST3 version available day 1.
Well that's great news! But page one of this thread says:
zircon wrote:VST for sure (VST2, 32/64bit), and AU is planned.
Looking forward to this... :tu:

Derp, you're right. Need to update that.

Return to “Effects”