Please add some sort of hot swap functionality

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

+1 for hotswapping in all forms

I'll add one ...

Hot swapping for audio files on the arrange page. Ableton offers this and it rocks!
Hot-Swap For Audio Tracks

The Hot-Swap feature in Simpler, Sampler, Impulse and Drum Racks makes for very quick auditioning with MIDI work. But if you prefer to work with audio loops in Session View or sequence audio events in Arrangement View, there is a hidden way to use Hot-Swap. In Clip View, right- or [Ctrl]-click the audio file’s name (just below the top of the Sample box) and select Manage Sample File. Now the Replace Files browser will appear on the right and you can click the Hot-Swap button to the left of the filename to audition replacement audio.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

I have my samples set up great! for example Drums-Kicks-House, Dubstep, DnB, Complextro....
and thats for every drum type, every synth stab, every FX, every genre they fit, EVERYTHING
Now that took me sooooo long to do but I would recommend it to everyone
-Tristan
MacBook Pro|MacOS Sierra|Bitwig Studio 2.0
UA Apollo Twin| EVE SC207 Monitors|ATH M50x|Focal Spirt Pro|Komplete 10|Push

I did the same as above. It took a whole weekend almost to get my samples right, but it was great. Now that I get Bitwig I see I can't even make use of it the way I wanted.

This comes with a huge advantage with the type search browser. You don't have to click too many folders. Just type Techno Kicks or whatever, and that folder will be there.

Desperately need a cycle option. It's one of big gripes of why I'm leaving FL Studio, Right click and send to samplerx50 per day is annoying.

What's the update on this? The endless back and forth is killing me :o

I don't know if that helps the matter but you can do the 128 samples thing just fine in BWS sampler. You may need a third party tool for the maximum transpose range though.
I did it with some of my Sound FX libraries already.

FR to tech-support if you didn't already...

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

That is an option Tom but it is extremely limited compared to a dedicated hotswap function. With a hotswap key I could access thousands of samples with no effort whatsoever compared to setting up 128 in the sampler and using the transpose tool.

+1

This missing REAL-one-click/tab/midibutton-prev-next-hot-swap for samples was the main-reason i bought maschine.
And only this feature could be a reason for me to switch from live to bitwig.
And BTW add remote-possible buttons for this simple Midi-ProgramChange too. I dont need "extra-bitwig-presets" which allways re-load the same vsti again and again, when this old ProgramChange can do this job so much faster and without rebuild hundreds of "bitwig-presets".

For me will the war on the DAW-Front jugded by the most comfortable GUI.
For example this bounce-order (and getting automatically useful labeld files) is much more worth than the possiblity to open x-projects or other schnickschnack like this.
Keep the eyes on workflow-improvments, not to spectacular no-need-features.

Return to “Bitwig”