Tritik tkDelay public beta release. UNLIMITED Demo - (winXP support added)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
tkDelay

thanks, I'll tweak the installer sometime so that it will check the registry

edit : done
Last edited by Tritik on Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wow for $12 this is a wonderful delay. Resizable GUI, good amount of presets, and it just sounds MUSICAL! :D Very happy!

tritik wrote:thanks, I'll tweak the installer sometime so that it will check the registry
That would be great, I wish other devs would do it also.
It's easy if you know how

I wonder if...Lets say I'm using the sync to tempo for 1/8 left and 1/4 right. When I click on free the knob moves. I would like for it to stay still and display the time for 1/8 and 1/4 in mili secs.

clintmartin wrote:I wonder if...Lets say I'm using the sync to tempo for 1/8 left and 1/4 right. When I click on free the knob moves. I would like for it to stay still and display the time for 1/8 and 1/4 in mili secs.
Hi Clint,
You can't have both. When you click on 'free', tkDelay will show you the correct time in sec for your 1/8 and 1/4. But for it to happens, knobs must be moved, because the range/scale of the knob changes between sync and free modes. (for instance in free mode, 1 sec is always in the middle, while in sync mode, the position (so the ratio) which correspond to 1 sec will depend on the host tempo)

That makes sense. Thanks!

Could an option for "dotted eighth note" delay be added, or am I missing something?

^ It's there on my version (1/8d).

xx JPRacer xx wrote:^ It's there on my version (1/8d).
Whoops. Cool thanks.

Congrats Tritik !

This is a lovely and simple creative delay.

This is awesome and I'll be buying it regardless but I do have some suggestions:

1. All the non delay elements should have routing options much like the filter does. So you could put the overdrive on the input, the frequency shifter in the feedback path, and the filter on the output.

2. Some different distortion modes in the overdrive section. Some exotic stuff like rectifiers, bitcrushers,and sample rate reducers that could be put in the feedback path would open up some crazy possibilities.

3. More filter types (I know this is planned). In addition to the standard Lowpass and Highpass, I'd love to see some stranger things like combs and Allpass.

4. A wide range of shapes for the modulation. A full compliment of standard lfo shapes ie square, saw up, saw down random stepped, random glide, and maybe some weirder shapes too.

5. An option to have a ringmod take the place of the frequency shifter. Depending on how you programmed it this could be a pretty easy thing to implement. Sometimes you want to hear the up and the downshift at the same time.

So there you have it. Even as is it's totally worth the full asking price. I just think you could really step it up and have one of the most fully featured delays on the market by adding all that stuff. Best of luck to you.

JJ
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Is it possible to allow shorter delay times? I like when it is possible to use delays for flanger/chorus effects, and the minimum right now (10 ms if there's no hidden multiplier or something) is a bit longish for this.

Pretty nice delay VST here, thanks for this Tritik.

I saw that there were already some additions and improvements coming in later version(s). More filter types and LFO syncing are good ideas. I wouldn't mind seeing also a bit longer delay times (like up to 3 s. at least).

Like some others have mentioned, the GUI is too dark/without contrast to me too. Also, the Free, Sync and Tap buttons are too small/unclear compared to the knobs and the GUI overall...maybe also the link buttons. And the delay time displays are smallish too, especially considering that those are pretty much the main thing in a delay, imho. Resizing the GUI bigger is kind of a unnecessary step for me, even at its smallest there is room to adjust proportionally the sizes of the controls for a more clear display if so decided.

I don't see use for the overdrive but as with any other possible features in there, they will surely make it more flexible and fully featured delay.

Thanks again for the demo.

I'm trying to install the v1.0.0_beta1, but I'm not using \Steinberg\VstPlugins\ as my VST folder

It seems the installation path for the VSTs are hardwired?

Return to “Effects”