MPowerSynth beta released, available for an introductory price and you can even get it for FREE!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The UI is the reason I'm not using Melda plugins. I'm sure a lot of coding went into the UI framework but in the end I just don't like it. Sad because the actual quality is top-notch and the dev seems to be a great coder. (and offer great customer service)

If you don't like it, change it.

robertszalapski wrote:If you don't like it, change it.
Exactly!

Anyway folks, this is the last day, so you have about 12 hours to finish the presets. Sadly many of you didn't even read the instructions, sending me incomplete stuff, I spent hours explaining what's wrong, which is just sad, so now it ends, you wouldn't have time to fix it anyway probably. So if you send me some incomplete junk, sorry, no deal :o :D
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Hi!

I wanted to thank Vojtech for the "preset making action", I received my licence a few hours ago. Class action I'd say.

I like this synth quite a lot, it is clearly different, has it's own way of working to some extend, and I like that! Fun to use, FXs and modulation are absolutely CRAZY, and OSCs and Filters sound reaaaally good, so, what else could we want?
The UI is ok for me, I see what could be weird to some, but not to me!

So again thank you Vojtech and congratulations on a really good work.

Have a good day!

How many more hours left. I have a bunch already I'd like to send, just need to assign macros to them all.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Yeah, the GUI is the weakest part of the synth ;-) Actually it's a really clean setup in my eyes, I can work with it pretty effectively. Well sometimes you need to flip back and forth between tabs, that can cost you a few clicks more, but you can even detach tabs to avoid this. I don't do it to keep control of the mess on my desktop, though :D

What I would really like is a new style with a brushed metal look, like the Softube FET compressor. I proposed it when the new Style-Editor came out, but unfortunately the idea didn't make it, people seem to like other stuff more.

mysticvibes wrote:How many more hours left. I have a bunch already I'd like to send, just need to assign macros to them all.
It's over since yesterday - they received over 1500 presets and 57 licences have been given (Information from Facebook)
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

MillerSam wrote:
mysticvibes wrote:How many more hours left. I have a bunch already I'd like to send, just need to assign macros to them all.
It's over since yesterday - they received over 1500 presets and 57 licences have been given (Information from Facebook)
Oh dear, I kept thinking I had till end of this month :( What should I do with some odd 50 presets??
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

mysticvibes wrote:
MillerSam wrote:
Oh dear, I kept thinking I had till end of this month :( What should I do with some odd 50 presets??
Keep them for yourself, give them away for free or sell them if you think they're really good. Sorry you missed out. I started sending mine in early just in case and luckily I got a license.

I can't wait until the official release. I want to hear all the other presets people made. This is a really powerful and versatile synth, so I imagine there will a lot of interesting stuff.

I honestly can't understand people's gripes with the GUI. It seems pretty superficial not to use such a powerful synth just because they don't like the look of it. I think the GUI is great because it's scalable and editable and that is something that so many VSTi developers neglect. I'm sick to death of tweaking tiny little knobs with tiny little values, so this is really a welcome change.

skyscape wrote:I honestly can't understand people's gripes with the GUI. It seems pretty superficial not to use such a powerful synth just because they don't like the look of it. I think the GUI is great because it's scalable and editable and that is something that so many VSTi developers neglect. I'm sick to death of tweaking tiny little knobs with tiny little values, so this is really a welcome change.
Thank you! :love:

Thing is, the GUI is very innovative, no plugins have these features, so people are not used to them. But they will get there ;). And visual appearance, well, that's like "every person has a specific taste" :).
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

I've tried the demo version and I don't really know what to think about this synth...

What I really love :
- the way you can draw your oscillator shapes, mixing them with predefined shapes and with the step sequencer, this one being very handy if combined with the smoothness control. And well, all these parameters can be modulated. :)
- the generator tools to design your oscillator sound in the frequency domain and the fact these can be modulated too
- the enveloppe (adsr or modulator) which can be defined very accurately
- the vibrato in the adsr enveloppe
- the presets which are present not only for a whole "patch" but also for the effects, the enveloppes, the oscillators, etc
- the distortion in the filter
- the multiparameters which can be renamed
- the oversampling option and the very clear sounding oscillators

I haven't tried in depth the effects section and the arpegiator, but they seem promising.

Well, what I don't like, as many people, the GUI, not in the way it is organised with all its very well thought and handy features, but the fact that the layout is not as clear as we can expect from a modern software. For example, there is not shadow on the button to make them stand out easily (or it is badly done in the "levitation" style), the elements are too close, etc. I don't like fancy stuff, with submarine vu-meter and electric chair switches :lol: - but well, just a clean and confortable, modern, easy to read layout, this is important, especially on a synth because you can spend a lot of time on it ... and well some predefined styles are really ugly...

The problem I have with this synth is despite all its great tools, I don't manage to get something interessant out of it. Well, it's me, I discovered software synth maybe one year ago, so I am a beginner with sound design. Right now, I have bought linplug Spectral and U-he Bazille, and with them, I can easily get an appealing basic sound, that I can modulate to make something even better, but with Mpowersynth, I don't know how to do that. In the filter section, you've got a list of filters that you have to try one by one to try to get somethingt interesting, this is quite boring. There are many effects, but the presets are very bad, and it seems tedious to get something musically interesting out of that.

So imo, it seems to be mostly an engineer dream... I have listened to the user presets on the dedicated kvr thread and I don't think that the sounds are so great despite the fact there are more advanced sound designers involved. In Bazille, for example, you just have basic ADSR enveloppes which is very limited I think, and I really prefer Mpowersynth for that, but to actually desgin a sound, Mpowersynth is less convincing, at least for me.

MPower also gets a good review in February 2015 CM issue, they give a two page review, a 9/10 rating, and CM Performance Award.

Congrats and happy new year :party:

Numanoid wrote:MPower also gets a good review in February 2015 CM issue, they give a two page review, a 9/10 rating, and CM Performance Award.

Congrats and happy new year :party:
Yes! Thank you! ;)
And Happy new year!
Vojtech

I got the email .. downloaded it .. tried it .. bought it!

Sooo much sound manipulation! It's incredible how much you put in to this one!
:hug:

Return to “Instruments”