remove

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

remove
Last edited by PsYAuM on Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
We are all a unique vibration in a beautiful symphony of infinite creation

My first thought: of all the plugins that come in a VST3 version, how many actually make use of the VST3 features like note expressions?

But in principle you are right, of course. Alchemy could benefit from stuff like note expressions, like any other plugin.

PsYAuM wrote:Hi I use Cubase because they consistently bring new ideas to the table that add something to the music i make (psytrance) that no other DAW company can touch. Stuff like Note Expression, VST 3 and now 3.5 and Dynamics.
It is on that note as to why I have made this post. I bought CamelSpace because of its ability to create psychedelic music and sounds that no other plugin in its field can touch.
You realise those features only apply to instruments dont you?

And that almost nobody else supports them for instruments. Im pretty sure even Steinberg dont implement them across the board. Its not as if what it offers couldnt already be achieved anyway.
Seriously it would add so much more depth to an already awesome plugin.
How? There's virtually nothing new to the VST3 spec that makes a difference to effects plugins; everything it offers effects was achievable in VST2.4

I dont want developers like Camel wasting more and more time on proprietry platform catchup when they could be investing it in new developments that all their customers can take advantage of. Urs from u-he has already said they're dropping VST3, on account of how much time it wastes.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:
PsYAuM wrote:Seriously it would add so much more depth to an already awesome plugin.
How? There's virtually nothing new to the VST3 spec that makes a difference to effects plugins; everything it offers effects was achievable in VST2.4

I dont want developers like Camel wasting more and more time on proprietry platform catchup when they could be investing it in new developments that all their customers can take advantage of.
Agreed. :tu:
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

whyterabbyt wrote:Urs from u-he has already said they're dropping VST3, on account of how much time it wastes.
Oh, really? And when Steinberg drop VST2? Kaboooommm!!!

End of the world as we know it :!: :-o

toothnclaw wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:Urs from u-he has already said they're dropping VST3, on account of how much time it wastes.
Oh, really? And when Steinberg drop VST2?
Steinberg have already dropped VST2.
Except that didnt actually happen :idiot:

It doesnt matter what Steinberg do with it. They cant take it back off host developers who already use it, and they cant take it back off VST developers who already use it.
In fact the only thing they can actually do, which they've already done, is prevent new people getting access to their version of it, and if someone comes up with a cleanroom alternative, then they'd be able to use that.

whyterabbyt wrote:
toothnclaw wrote:
Oh, really? And when Steinberg drop VST2?
Steinberg have already dropped VST2.
Except that didnt actually happen :idiot:

It doesnt matter what Steinberg do with it. They cant take it back off host developers who already use it, and they cant take it back off VST developers who already use it.
In fact the only thing they can actually do, which they've already done, is prevent new people getting access to their version of it, and if someone comes up with a cleanroom alternative, then they'd be able to use that.
I think what he meant was dropping it from their hosts. In which case I suspect sales of Metaplugin will rocket.

aMUSEd wrote:I think what he meant was dropping it from their hosts. In which case I suspect sales of Metaplugin will rocket.
If Steinberg drop it from their own host, thats even less 'the end of the world'.

Clearly you don't use Cubendo.

I am however encouraged that slowly but surely the plugins I am intersted in are coming over to vst3..... Most recently for me, Exponential Audio.

rsp
sound sculptist

whyterabbyt wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:I think what he meant was dropping it from their hosts. In which case I suspect sales of Metaplugin will rocket.
If Steinberg drop it from their own host, thats even less 'the end of the world'.
Sure - but it may pose a problem for developers not supporting VST3. However perhaps a simple wrapper would be more useful than a wholesale port - Metaplugin seems to point the way (at least it will when it fully supports the VST3 format), although some would probably prefer a more seamless wrapper (something like the old FXPansion ones).

I am pretty sure that as long as NI don't offer VST3 versions of their komplete stuff Steinberg won't dare to drop VST2 support in newer versions of Cubendo because no one would buy them...

Return to “Effects”