Audio Input in Diva?

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Since i own Diva i'm hoping for an audio input...
I've mentioned this in former feature request threads and iirc the answer was that it will come one day.
Are there any actual plans to realize this feature?

Does the absence of an answer mean that this won't come?

AFAIK, it's on the feature list (but not high priority) ...

@3ee:

i had this info too...
but the long time since it's on the feature list evokes doubts...
maybe some competing developers who have filters in their portfolio have asked u-he not to implement this feature? :wink:

Arrested Developer wrote:maybe some competing developers who have filters in their portfolio have asked u-he not to implement this feature? :wink:
It's also possible u-he are waiting a bit before adding audio in to prevent the competition from profiling their filter models without the investment of hardware Diva took to make.

Or maybe u-he has just been completely bogged down with plugin formats and bugfixes that it hasn't gotten to the top of their list just yet. Knowing Urs it'll come and will probably be a free update to registered Diva users.

bmrzycki wrote: Knowing Urs it'll come and will probably be a free update to registered Diva users.
I worked quite a lot with the audio input of a real minimoog and also with oberheim samplers...
So having those filters and not being able to use them on acoustic sounds somehow is (really) hard... :wink:
I had no problems to pay an extra fee if the audio inputs would be realized in an extra version of Diva...

I agree with that, especially in combination with a sequencer.

Found this in the Audio-Input-in-Bazille-thread.
Well, that's pretty amazing news... :tu:
Urs wrote: When we started cleaning up left over niggles in November, I thought we had about 5-10 bugs that need to be fixed to meet those shifts. Seven months later I have fixed more than a 100 "bugs" that used to be fine code 5 years ago, but nowadays may lead to crashes or unexpected behaviour. It's been a depressing time, there's always another crash bug lurking somewhere.

This is why we have not deployed many new features or general improvements, and why for instance the new GUI resizing code matures slowly. It's also why we haven't bothered with audio input for synths.

However, the time will come when Michael - or anybody - can't crash our stuff anymore, when even switching sample rate during playback with lots of host automation won't bring Logic down. Once that time has come, audio input will be on the top of our list.

- Urs

I know thus is an old thread but has there been any progress getting audio input working for diva? Not gonna happen?

rens wrote:I know thus is an old thread but has there been any progress getting audio input working for diva? Not gonna happen?
There is progress!

Part of the Repro-1 development is creating a multi i/o version. It's difficult and it won't work well in all hosts. But if this gets to a point we find sufficient, we'll add it to Diva to enable audio input.

Note that it really is a lot of hit and miss because many hosts were not designed with the notion that instruments could benefit from audio inputs.

just a fx version will make us happy !

I don't like the idea of an FX version. It gives host developers more opportunities to delay whatever they have to do to enable inputs for VSTi on their hosts.

We'll do the inputs on the synth, and we'll ask people to send feature requests to host developers where this doesn't work.

:clown:

Urs wrote:We'll do the inputs on the synth, and we'll ask people to send feature requests to host developers where this doesn't work.
Cubase market share is going down slowly but sturdy. May be one day they would pay attention on requests.
Murderous duck!

Urs wrote:I don't like the idea of an FX version. It gives host developers more opportunities to delay whatever they have to do to enable inputs for VSTi on their hosts.

We'll do the inputs on the synth, and we'll ask people to send feature requests to host developers where this doesn't work.

:clown:
Good one :)
PhasePhckr (modular MPE VSTi) G+
Fatar88Lux (dyi MIDI brain) bitbucket
Assault Opera - sound cloud | spotify

Return to “u-he”