Wilko Johnson says he's cured of cancer!!

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just heard a report on Radio 5live by Colin Patterson reporting from the Q awards . It's still breaking news so I doubt you will find a report yet. Surgeons have removed a tumour the size of a baby from his pancreas and he has been cured . Apparently he's planning a new tour. He was given 10 months to live in April 2013 and refused chemo. He continued working and gigging and recently made and album with Roger Daltry.
Asus Z97-A| i7 4770K|32GB DDR3|Samsung 850 Pro 512 SSD System|Crucial 960gb SSD A/V|Crucial 960 SSD Samples|GTX 960 2GB|RME Raydat|Windows 10 x64, Philips 40" 4K
My Samplitude/Sequoia Tutorials are here :
http://www.youtube.com/kraznet

Fantastic news - one of the greats

I've never heard of anyone being cured of pancreatic cancer. It's extremely invasive. There are a lot of drugs that can prolong life, but usually with detrimental side effects. Basically, it's never good.

-Sam

masterhiggins wrote:I've never heard of anyone being cured of pancreatic cancer. It's extremely invasive. There are a lot of drugs that can prolong life, but usually with detrimental side effects. Basically, it's never good.
-Sam
Yes I knew someone that had pancreatic cancer who died. Although he did improve for a while but then it came back all the worse. I'm just going by the report I heard and apparently he underwent pioneering surgery a while back. I'm still waiting to hear more but it's been overtaken by goings-on in Canada something about a gunman in Parliament in Ottawa.
Asus Z97-A| i7 4770K|32GB DDR3|Samsung 850 Pro 512 SSD System|Crucial 960gb SSD A/V|Crucial 960 SSD Samples|GTX 960 2GB|RME Raydat|Windows 10 x64, Philips 40" 4K

Steve Jobs also said he was cured of it, but finally lost the battle.
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

crimsonwarlock wrote:Steve Jobs also said he was cured of it, but finally lost the battle.
I think in that case Steve didn't want to scare investors.

-Sam

crimsonwarlock wrote:Steve Jobs also said he was cured of it, but finally lost the battle.
There's a big difference though - if I remember correctly Steve Jobs said he was cured of it because he believed that some alternative medicine bullshit was going to save him, and Wilko is saying it because he underwent a very invasive surgery to remove a significant part of his digestive system.

He's certainly not out of the woods, but I wish him well and hope that it doesn't recur.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”