Your TOP 5 feature requests for Bitwig

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

1. add a Cycle-/comp-/looprecording both midi and audio. I would want like reaper you can drag out the track and select audio from a recored loop.
2. changing names in containers, cause if you have a instrument layer container in drum machine, it will say instrument layer in mixer when open up big view. you cant tel if its a clap layer or snare layer etc
3. A better instrument then polysynth, it only has saw or square. It sounds good but more waves would make it good.
4. A better fm synth, it only has triangle wav and noice. Its not really fantastic. Able to change waves here also
5. I want a eq like ableton where you can have big view, listen to each band and more bands to it and ofc visual view. I like the shift option but add the other features and i will be more then pleased.

+ would be grouping tracks, but it wouldnt make my music better.
+ rewire
+
Last edited by takaii on Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

xbitz wrote: -piano roll: walking on the notes with cursor keys (should be grid/midi notes based as is in Ableton Live)
You can allready do that.
(have note selected)
Cursor up, down, left or right will move it up left or down on pianoroll.(it moves steps after pianogrid size)
If you hold alt and left or right it will switch selected note.
If you hold shift up or down it will either move up 1 octave or down 1 octave.
If you hold shift left or right it will move in small steps left or right
if you hold ctrl + left it will make selected note shorter
if you hold ctrl + right it will make note longer
ctrl + d will dublicate the selected note and autoselect pasted note/notes soo just use cursor to move it.

you have great controll on cursor keys if its selected.
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard

ronnyrydgren wrote: 4. A better fm synth, it only has triangle wav and noice. Its not really fantastic. Able to change waves here also
I thought it was a sine wave. Though you can get towards a triangle wave by changing the modulations. Though it doesn't give you the instant classic wave shapes, FM4 is a very capable little device, and the timbres you can get out of it are amazing when you really delve into it.

harmonics.jpg
Goatgirl its a mix between sine and triangle. But its not a pure sine.
Well true but then again you could use fm8 or sytrus which is a much more capable device. I think fm4 is good if you want something easy, but to really make something true complex its really bad.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

My only request is that you guys keep following your vision.
Not everything in Bitwig caters to my workflow but i´m ready to adapt and it is interesting to figure out how the developers intend to work with Bitwig.
Maybe next time you do a project with it, jingle, song, edit, sound designing you could do a video capture. (No voice overlay needed)
I´m sure lots of people would find it educative to see the developers using it.

ronnyrydgren wrote: Goatgirl its a mix between sine and triangle. But its not a pure sine.
It's not a pure sine, that's true, there are some harmonics on the 12th and 17th. The organ is just the same. :)

ronnyrydgren wrote:
xbitz wrote: -piano roll: walking on the notes with cursor keys (should be grid/midi notes based as is in Ableton Live)
You can allready do that.
(have note selected)
Cursor up, down, left or right will move it up left or down on pianoroll.(it moves steps after pianogrid size)
you have great controll on cursor keys if its selected.
it's about playing back notes, not about editing, this is the AL workflow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RARwtlgygfM

free step recording, and playing back notes with cursor (with shift u can even select them)
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

xbitz wrote:
it's about playing back notes, not about editing, this is the AL workflow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RARwtlgygfM

free step recording, and playing back notes with cursor (with shift u can even select them)
I see, looks interesting

yepp, AL has some nice concepts just the basic ones are missing, u can't cut notes in it for example https://www.ableton.com/answers/how-do- ... te-in-half
nonsense :D
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

I'll reserve my other two for later but I really want

-a native velocity curve note modding tool
-SFZ support
-full jack audio citizenship for Bitwig (supplying either jack or alsa midi support, I'm not sure the technical benefits of going one way or the other on that one)

Graham

nsq wrote:I am surprised that none of you mentioned the time signature automation. Without this program is incomplete and inconsistent with the fundamental principles of music. It's quite like you got a keyboard with white keys only :(

1. Time signature automation --> Bitwig Team please make this first, even if you don't like jazz
2. Ghost/linked clips
3. Round Robin or at least release trigger Note FX
4. Multi-stage envelopes for instruments
5. FM-4 custom waveforms (with true sine and HQ antialiasing mode)
Yep - ghost /linked clips is what i was most suprised was missing in a heavily pattern orientated Daw.
:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
"Annoying the neighbours since '71"

back to topic ;)

my top 5:

1.also renaming devices, not just layers and tracks
2.sub audio tracks like folders
3.I like the macro value shaper idea with a graph! :)
4.bar changing
5.drag&drop audio from and to the browser pre/post fx with instruments and clips! (even reason can do it now)

But I like many other stuff here also!
Last edited by braunhirse on Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CrazyLittleSomething wrote:The default orange colour??????? Have you seen it???????? It's orange, by the way...................
yes changing the default color would be also nice in blue or something...

sorry for not understanding you ;)

Wow people care more about colors than features for music creation!
When production gone wrong xD

Why not let bitwig have a picture editor inside while you are at it ;)
FFS people, come up with something useful.

I am not pointing to you braunhirse, fyi :)
You wrote something about ideas.

but lets face it, color option is the least concern, maybe focus on visual on eq and alot more else insteed would be alot better. Or people prefer option for color more then production? I think its bottom on my list of wanted features. Its cool but bitwig needs alot more before color options

Return to “Bitwig”