Any source for getting vocals for remixing?

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I was always wondering, what is a good source for getting accapellas to remix?
Does producers actually address to the original artist and ask him for that?

Most big name producers get contracted to do a remix by an artist's label. Others just decide they want to and ask and the company either does or doesn't. I would try contacting some smaller independent artists that you like and remix some of their stuff. Or you could try an online music community like Blend.io. Artist on there regularly make their stuff available for remixing and collaboration.

JJ
Last edited by Ah_Dziz on Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Google, remix contests, reddit, soundcloud, forums, are all unofficial/semi official ways of getting vox but some aren't always legal. If you don't need a high quality recording, phase cancellation techniques can work to remove everything except the vocals. Never sounds good but if you only need it for practice or fun it certainly can work.

Asking is always a good course of action. Depends on who you are asking but sometimes an e-mail can go a long way.

I edited my post up there since I misspelled the name of that site. It's pretty cool. I've been playing with some of the stuff up there to get out of my comfort zone.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Harmor just got a pack of vocals. Free usable demo.

Another good source for acapellas is:

http://www.looperman.com/acapellas

Although these are unsigned artists, the genres are varied.
And of course for official stems there's always Beatport Remix Competitions although the competition there is fierce. Everyone and their dog will have a remix of the same track.

Return to “Production Techniques”