Bitwig 1.1 beta5 and Izotope plugins issues

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been taking the 1.1 b5 through its paces, one thing that isn't working are my Izotope plugins.
Stutteredit just crashes, or rather won't load, the sound engine bails or similar. Stutteredit worked kind of ok in the 1.0.15. But, another issue is that none of the Izotope VST's are detected by BWS as side-chain-capable, i.e. the device doesn't have that side-chain-input-icon-thingy which enable you to select a potential side chain source to then feed the compressor or similar. A bit annoying writing EDM and especially since Alloy and Trasch are my go-to track-plugins.

I haven't managed to find any one else's issue with Izotope plugins so I just wanted to check wether there's a trick to it that I'm not aware of. :-)

I only have Iris and it works fine in 1.1 b5. What you can try is deleting the VST cache and see if that makes a difference. It seems that sometimes some old information keeps hanging there.
You can also try if using 32 Bit/64 Bit plugins makes a difference. Claes changed something in the code for 1.1 which seems to create trouble for certain x64 plugins that aren't properly ported over.
If you need assistance with the cache deleting, let me know your OS.

Cheers,

Tom

(Edit: I'm on Windows 8.1 x64 using mostly 32 Bit Plugins)
Last edited by ThomasHelzle on Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Trash, Breaktweaker, Stutter Edit work all fine in 1.1 64bit versions for me.

Break Tweaker works fine here as well, OS X 10.9.5.
Didn`t try stutter edit yet.

I'm on OSX 10.10, it would appear that this may be a Mac Izotope issue. But I'll investigate the cache-alternative.

Do you have any other hosts to test?
Would be good to know if it's BWS or OSX/Izotope.
Maybe they have something on OSX 10.10 compatibility in their FAQ?

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi

Just tested it on two different hosts. Both running OSX 10.10. Both running BWS beta 6, Cubase 7,5, ProTools and Live. The plugins works just fine in the other DAWS, running VST only, not AU. Apart from ProTools where I'm using AAX... oh never mind. :-)

Anyway, these are the results.

Breaktweaker works

Iris works

Nectar works

Alloy2 almost works, i.e. doesn't crash but isn't detected/ classified by BWS as being capable of taking side-chain input.

Stutter edit now works, i.e. doesn't crash. :-) And it takes midi-input from a separate instrument-track's midi notes like it should. That's good news. :-)

Ozone almost works, i.e. doesn't crash but isn't detected/ classified by BWS as being capable of taking side-chain input. Just like Alloy.

I had an issue yesterday with iZotope insight. When you resize the iZotope insight window and then close and reopen the plugin window, only part of the plugin window is displayed.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Also worth mentioning, side chain input to my Waves Gold plugins like the C1 compressor and similar doesn't work. They are also not recognized as being able to handle side-chain input from other sources/ tracks.

On the positive side, my Native Instruments plugins works like a charm, all the dynamic plugins such as compressors and similar are recognized as side-chain-input-capable. :-)

Ok, so please send these findings to tech-support with OS, used Plugin Version and all the other things you found. You can also point to this thread. Seems that side-chaining (like pretty much everything else in VST-land) isn't as standardised as it should ;-)

With waves it could be another of those VST-cache issues maybe? Did you try to delete the VST cache before opening 1.1? If not, it would also be something for tech-support.

Cheers,

Tom

I'll mail tech-support and cross my fingers. ;-)

Thanks Tom and the rest of you guys!

/Stefan

Ooooooooooooold thread from 2014,
but same thing is equally interesting for me in 2016 :hyper:

I want to use Izotopes Trash 2 as a sidechain effect.
Bitwig doesn´t give me this cute little sidechain input. Of course I could take a native dynamic device and modulate trash 2 by "hand". I just want to use it like it should...

Someone knows how to do this?
:ud:
The average bored guy

Here´s the post I want to refer to:
datstma wrote:Also worth mentioning, side chain input to my Waves Gold plugins like the C1 compressor and similar doesn't work. They are also not recognized as being able to handle side-chain input from other sources/ tracks.

On the positive side, my Native Instruments plugins works like a charm, all the dynamic plugins such as compressors and similar are recognized as side-chain-input-capable. :-)
The average bored guy

If the sidechain icon does not show up on the device GUI, nobody but Bitwig support can help. I neither use Waves plugins nor do I have Trash, all the plugins I use show their sidechain input just fine.

The Bitwig team would have to look into why the sidechain icon does not show up on those plugins - write them here with a clear explanation of your problem and some screenshots, OS information etc.:
http://www.bitwig.com/en/support/tech-support.html

Cheers,

Tom

Done. Tech support contacted. Greetings. :phones:
The average bored guy

Return to “Bitwig”