MPowerSynth improvements & feature requests

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MPowerSynth

:D :D
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Just for the record, I wasn't making fun of the "multiple LFOs sources modulate one target parameter" concept, that would actually be a cool thing to do. E.g. SynthMaster has this, you can choose add or multiply mode and a scaling constant/multiplier for every LFO destination, so having multiple sources modulate one target is no problem.

Yet most of the time I was able to do what I wanted in MPowerSynth without this feature. LFOs are so mighty that you can normally put all you want into one custom shape and there is seldom a need for combining two. Plus, one LFO modulating the shape/range/etc. of another LFO is already possible, which is basically equivalent to the "multiple sources" feature.

The arpeggiator is missing a "Chords" mode, i.e. all notes are played. It's a standard mode next to "Up" and "Down" in most arpeggiators. I can simulate this by checking all A to E, but than it's limited to 5 note chords.

Could this be added backwards compatibly?

Another thing: I want an LFO to randomly let a target flip to another value. The time the target stays on the flipped value should be constant, like 0.1s or so. The time between the flips should be random between 0.5 and 5 seconds, for example.

Can somebody see how I can realize this in MPS? I did fairly well by taking an LFO in random mode and applying a transfer shape which is a step curve at 90%, so the target stays at normal value until the LFO goes above 90%, then it flips the value. The problem with this is that the time the target stays on the flipped value differs in length, because the LFO sometimes stays above 90% very short, but sometimes longer.

Any ideas?

Chords - what do you mean by that exactly? That mode would play what?

Flips - now that's extremely specific :D. You can try to simulate it using a multiparameter - attach the modulator to control a multiparameter in "trigger mode". The modulator can then be just about anything and it will simply trigger the multiparameter every time it goes above 0.5.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote:Chords - what do you mean by that exactly? That mode would play what?
You hold a chord and the arpeggiator does not play the notes one after another according to the grid, but every time the whole chord according to the grid. So basically it's a very advanced trance gate, because you can very length, velocity, rhythm, shuffle, probability etc. while a rhythmic pattern is played with full chords.

About the flips, I will try this tonight.

Aaaaha, I'll see what I can do.
Vojtech

MeldaProduction wrote:Aaaaha, I'll see what I can do.
Cool :-)

If you can add "Chord" to the section where Up,Down,Random are, then one could even trigger the full chord or single notes arbitrarily in a sequence, that would be awesome :-)

I installed the latest release and played around a bit. I was pleased to see the Tremolo on Release switch, but it didn't seem to work. I'll have another go. Mainly I got hung up on the following issue, which I do think needs addressing.

In the oscillator in harmonics mode, you can get a series of harmonics defined and modulate (by hand or automatically) any of the generator or post-processor parameters, and the result is smooth and useable. However, if you load a file into the sample analyzer, modulation is not useable - things sound like they have become too computation-heavy and the sound breaks up when modulating.

Even without this problem, I think in general that the sample analyze business is a bit confusing (maybe it just needs a bit more clarity in the documentation). But it seems one should be able to load a file, find the slice of interest and say "OK, use this sound slice to create values in the harmonics values and clear the sample file from the generator window after you've done so". I hope this makes sense. Once a sound is loaded, it cannot be cleared (can it?). So what is a sound designer to do? Avoid using this feature in the first place? The documentation has a warning about the audio file not being present, and that seems to imply "use it only for your own purposes but not for preset sharing". Again, maybe this is just in need of a better explanation.

Hope this helps.

MeldaProduction wrote: Flips - now that's extremely specific :D. You can try to simulate it using a multiparameter - attach the modulator to control a multiparameter in "trigger mode". The modulator can then be just about anything and it will simply trigger the multiparameter every time it goes above 0.5.
I tried it, that's basically the same as using a transfer shape. Well anyway I got close enough to what I wanted with the random LFO, so it's ok.

Did I already ask whether Envelope/Filter Tremolo could get a tempo sync switch? :-) Another feature request I guess :D

Also if possible, panorama on noise osc would be nice.

Chords - done ;).

Analyze sample - well, this one is kind of tricky. For storage purposes the engine doesn't save the audio. It could probably save the custom harmonics. Anyway it gets very CPU intensive, because it analyzes the audio every time, so it is not usable for modulation of the generator. I'll check what could be done about it.

ADSR tremolo tempo sync - probably won't be possible, I'll check though.

Noise panorama - ok, but honestly it seems quite useless to me :)
Vojtech

MeldaProduction wrote:Chords - done ;).
:tu:
Noise panorama - ok, but honestly it seems quite useless to me :)
Is that a yes? :-) You can do cool stuff with it, e.g. a wide Pad using unison, and some gentle noise hiss orbiting around with volume and panorama LFO, independently of the rest of the pad :-)
Last edited by CableChannel on Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Already done ;)
Vojtech

MeldaProduction wrote:Already done ;)
That was the fastest user request implementation of the world I guess. :-)

:tu:

:D I'm going for a guiness record! :D
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”