Aspect 1.7.18

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been made aware that Aspect's interface has compatibility issues under some VST hosts (Ableton Live) after upgrading to Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite. And by issues, I mean that it doesn't appear at all, which is obviously more than a slight hindrance.

I'm looking into this now, and hope to have a fixed release out by the end of the day, if not sooner.

Thanks for your patience, and I apologise to anyone who has ran afoul of this issue.

EDIT: Fixed. Release will be available once I've ran through some tests.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Aspect 1.7.17 is now available for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. This release adds:
  • (new) AAX 64-bit Native plug-ins for Windows and Mac OS X.
  • (fix: Mac OS X VST) UI now renders correctly on Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite.
  • (fix) Polyphonic aftertouch now works correctly for all presets.
  • (feature) Keyboard entry of rotary parameter values. Rotary controls can now be typed directly into by clicking on the text value below the control.
  • (improvement) Improved performance on real-time and very low-latency systems.
  • (improvement: Windows) The 32-bit and 64-bit VST plug-ins are now installed as separate components. You can choose which one(s) to install, as well as selecting different install folders for each architecture.
  • (feature: Linux) Added "Show Directory" to the preset browser, which will will reveal the selected preset directory in your window manager.
  • (improvement: Mac OS X) Installer and all installed components are now signed in compliance with Mac OS X's Gatekeeper system.
  • (improvement) Significantly improved UI response speed; reduced CPU usage when parameters are automated whilst the UI is open.
  • (improvement: Linux) Presets and configuration files are now located to comply with the XDG Base Directory Specification. Older installations will still use any existing preset library location to maintain backwards compatibility.
  • (fix: Mac OS X Audio Unit) Fixed minor memory leak in parameter names.
The latest version and demo can be downloaded here.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Hey Colin,

Was this GUI issue only with Yosemite? (Am not daring to update from Mavericks for while yet! ;)

Looks like I should update anyway (with the fixes and improvements)

Yes, apparently so. I've certainly not seen it with any other Mac OS X flavour, and I was told said bug appeared after upgrading to Yosemite.

I've just today upgraded a test machine to Yosemite, and if nothing else, I really like the new, flat, minimal look of it. I do expect I wouldn't be quite so approving if this was a work machine and suddenly all my software stopped working. I don't blame you for sticking to Mavericks until the dust settles though: has there every been an OS X update that hasn't rendered something incompatible?

mine's been fine!!

:)

dave

colin@loomer wrote:Yes, apparently so. I've certainly not seen it with any other Mac OS X flavour, and I was told said bug appeared after upgrading to Yosemite.

I've just today upgraded a test machine to Yosemite, and if nothing else, I really like the new, flat, minimal look of it. I do expect I wouldn't be quite so approving if this was a work machine and suddenly all my software stopped working. I don't blame you for sticking to Mavericks until the dust settles though: has there every been an OS X update that hasn't rendered something incompatible?
... I'm camping with Mavericks until Apple add a Preference to not make everything Full-screen when clicking the green button!

(No Apple, I don't want to remember to add Option every time I maximize a window! ;))

Yeah, that change is playing havoc with my muscle memory!

Hey Colin,

Thanks for the smooth and easy upgrade for the *nixers of the world. :)

ほんとにありがとうございます

TS
...If you have to fix it with a computer: quantized, pitch corrected, and overly inspected, then you can't do it, and I can't get behind that!
-Henry Rollins; I Can't Get Behind That-from William Shatner's, "Has Been"

taoyoyo wrote:
colin@loomer wrote:Yes, apparently so. I've certainly not seen it with any other Mac OS X flavour, and I was told said bug appeared after upgrading to Yosemite.

... I'm camping with Mavericks until Apple add a Preference to not make everything Full-screen when clicking the green button!

(No Apple, I don't want to remember to add Option every time I maximize a window! ;))
Yosemite is working better for me than Mavericks and I haven't lost anything. To maximize window just double click anywhere in that apps header, like right beside the green button and there you are. No need to hold Option. :wink:
Boo!

I've just been informed that 1.7.17 slightly broke backwards compatibility, in that the random and lag generator functions reacted slightly differently in some circumstances. Apologies to anyone who has hit this issue.

I've fixed this now, and am about to submit it for external testing; provided that nothing else nasty shows up, I'll get 1.7.18 released tomorrow (ie, Tuesday).

And no: the irony breaking backwards compatibility for a update which rectifies a backwards compatibility breaking issue by Apple is not lost on me.

palebluedun wrote: Yosemite is working better for me than Mavericks and I haven't lost anything. To maximize window just double click anywhere in that apps header, like right beside the green button and there you are. No need to hold Option. :wink:
BTW, thanks for this information... in the end I decided to take the plunge and update to 10.10 over the weekend. So far, so good... everything seems to be working (though I had a couple of updates to install) and I rather like the new look.

Best get updating some Loomer plugins (sorry, just Sequent... as Aspect needs a .18).

Aspect 1.7.18 is now available for download, containing the aforementioned compatibility fix. I've been through the changes with a fine-toothed comb, and I'm confident no other preset-changing breaks have been made, but obviously, if anything sounds amiss, I'd like to know about it.

Thanks!

As an aside, I just stumbled across a nice youtube video of some guy going through a few factory presets with Aspect. Whoever you are, mwarsell, nice job! Enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgsAHVwwTzI

Return to “Loomer”