Which one will be released first : Cubase 8 or Studio One Pro 3 ?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

No problem here :shrug:

When someone ACTUALLY releases a host that can do more than what I use......just let me know. I haven't bought a new host or even seriously considered one since Nov 2012. I jumped on all the bandwagons, I've been to all the feature requests, I've praised and complained (you can't please either side) been trolled by the masses and I'm still standing.

I did get my hopes up for bitwig. I'll admit that. Now I just see these studio one 3 threads as something to pass time. I have no expectations with presonus, and if they don't fix the cpu issues I don't care about v3. Doesn't mean I'm not sticking my nose in to comment though :hihi:

The social interactions and underlying hard feelings here are fun to watch... how various people perceive different things. :) At the end of the day most of the daw discussions are mostly just us saying the same things over and over on different calendar dates. :hihi:

At any rate, I do expect to see Cubase 8 before S1 3... but I expect S1 3 before Reaper 5... and I expect Reaper 5 before Bitwig 2. :lol:

Compyfox wrote:Maybe something will be announced or some news "leaked" at the SAE Alumni Convention in Berlin, Germany on Thu/Fri.
I was there, had a very nice chat with the two representatives. :tu:

But they didn't leak anything, neither did they answer questions regarding future versions.
(they were not allowed to after all)

The guessing game is still on for those that want to play it.

In the meantime, I'll go snag the .30 maintenance update for C7.x and take a closer look (missed that one in the last couple of weeks it seems).
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

There was some "leakage" related to S1 v3, in a kind of practical informative way.

That is to say, one guy who apparently was speaking from authority flat out directly said ... "It's not even in beta yet." ... to try to calm the rumor mill i guess, dunno, a week or two before the last ad campaign that was set to announce something new and unknown.

It was slightly odd because even though there's a good argument to be made that if under NDA he probably shouldn't have even said that in public, most people ignored it anyway and were still expecting v3 anyway and were still "sad" about it not being v3 when the wizard pulled the curtain back. :)

The real fun is really just talking about it all, speculating about it all, not so much what does or doesn't happen. :) Like someone correctly said... "We gotta have something to talk about." :shrug:

LawrenceF wrote:a week or two before the last ad campaign that was set to announce something new and unknown.
That was sooooooooo long ago. Like September or something.
"A pig that doesn't fly is just a pig."

I am two to three feature requests away from Cubase, S1, Reaper and Sonar from becoming my one only exclusive DAW. The first one to do accomplish this will be declared the winner. Secretly (now no more a secret) I hope Cubase wins but it is the least likely to do so.

I predict the Cubase 8 will come out first. I have a supper great ability to make predictions but unfortunate they are hardly ever accurate.

November is almost here.
I think, after being bought by Yamaha, Steinberg switched to precise update schedule - every November new paid version (7, 7.5, 8, 8.5 etc.).

Kalamata Kid wrote:<snip> I have a supper great ability to make predictions but unfortunate they are hardly ever accurate.
Remind me not to go to the horse races with you! :hihi:

BTW - it's SUPER, not supper :D

I'd go to supper with ya, and that would be SUPER, but not to the horse races :tu:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

sempondr wrote:November is almost here.
I think, after being bought by Yamaha, Steinberg switched to precise update schedule - every November new paid version (7, 7.5, 8, 8.5 etc.).
More accurately ..
Mid November = Announce
Mid December = Release
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

standalone wrote:That was sooooooooo long ago. Like September or something.
:lol: :hihi:

I'm always interested in seeing what Steiny does next. I'm no longer an active customer but they appear to be positioned really well and they do have their moments of innovation.

LawrenceF wrote:
I'm always interested in seeing what Steiny does next. I'm no longer an active customer but they appear to be positioned really well and they do have their moments of innovation.
Well. I hope we see a bit more improvement in it to offset some peeps pain... 8)
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

dsan@mail.com wrote:
Kalamata Kid wrote:<snip> I have a supper great ability to make predictions but unfortunate they are hardly ever accurate.
Remind me not to go to the horse races with you! :hihi:

BTW - it's SUPER, not supper :D

I'd go to supper with ya, and that would be SUPER, but not to the horse races :tu:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
Yea, let's go the horse races after supper.
It's the supper that somehow degrades my prediction accuracy.
Let's go after breakfast. :D

FL Studio 15
Was Große tun, beschwatzen gern die Kleinen.

CUBASE 12

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”