ISW ASKS: What guitar(s) would you like us to sample for a Shreddage 2 expansion?

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm interested in creating one (or more) expansions to Shreddage 2, which would basically be the same exact feature set, sampling depth, and even # of samples, but recorded with totally different guitars, and offered at a significantly discounted price (like perhaps in the $50-70 ballpark). The question is... which guitars would you like to hear sampled?

The only requirement is that it must be a 7 (or 8) string since we would be sampling down to drop G.

Thanks in advance for your input!
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

One of Schecter Elite 7-strings series would be nice.

Washburn Pro 7 plz

Ibanez Universe

KVR Audio Forum Signature is currently unavailable for your web browser.

xphen0m wrote:Washburn Pro 7 plz
Ooh, why not the new Washburn Solar 170, Ola Englund signature? :)

I'd love to see a Schechter C-7 Hellraiser, but really, any new guitars from ISW are instabuy for me...

Another great option is anything from the Ibanez RGD Prestige lineup.

Only thing I care is that it has no less than 7 strings, suitable for all genres of metal, and most importantly just as many samples as Shreddage 2 (or more if generous!).

But from the little knowledge I have of different kinds of guitars I guess I'd be more than okay with any 7-string Ibanez. And to be clear, I'm not saying that because of the comments here lol.
Cockos Reaper | VSTi Metal | Vocal Synths | Shreddage 2 Fanboy | VSTi Guitar Enthusiast

Currently writing a Vocaloid EP.
youtube.com/user/darkflamesquirrel

Hey Zircon what do you think about adding a new feature which allows to choose from different types of pickups like bareknuckle warpigs,classic EMG and so on...?

That is very doable in terms of technology, just a matter of recording both.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Good,it would be great a pickup selector switch..for a new guitar to sample I suggest a Schechter C7 Hellraiser or a Washburn Pro. :D

First off, thanks for making such great products. I agree with windir. I don't really care what guitar it is as long as it's heavy and has low tunings and as long as you add neck pickups that can be blended with the bridge pickups from 0-100%. I believe you have this same feature in the archtop guitar, although Ive never used that one because it's obviously not metal.

Oh and if you could make it closer to the $50 side of things for us poor kids.

Can't believe I didn't mention this earlier, but something I believe is extremely important is to make this next expansion's double/quadtracking naturally wide as real doubled/quad guitars without the use of tricks like delay, detuning neighboring samples, diff amp sims, etc.
I'm absolutely begging for this.
This is the sort of thing I would pay a frick ton of my hard-earned money for and all guitar libraries seem to fall short on this :(
Unnatural widening tricks just do not compare at all to natural width and have shortcomings that are a thorn on my side.
Cockos Reaper | VSTi Metal | Vocal Synths | Shreddage 2 Fanboy | VSTi Guitar Enthusiast

Oh and the option to pre-order maybe?

Return to “Impact Soundworks”