New "best synths for EDM" released, do you guys agree?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://www.askaudiomag.com/articles/7-t ... ction/9604

I personally don't agree with this list. I would make the following changes: Omnisphere ---> Alchemy, Oberheim SEM V ---> Bazille, reFX Nexus--->Spire. What about you?

They should have waited until christmas. U-he The Hive might rock the boat. :P

Lol, just saw they voted u-he Diva on top. Oh well... not at all a good article then. And wth @ Arturia SEM.

chk071 wrote:They should have waited until christmas. U-he The Hive might rock the boat. :P

Lol, just saw they voted u-he Diva on top. Oh well... not at all a good article then. And wth @ Arturia SEM.
+1

Dune 2 is a better fit than Diva, and SEM is totally out of place there.

ANA is great for EDM too, and there's Synthmaster which has some great presets for available.

Blah blah blah.

AskAudio is Future Music for hipsters.

chk071 wrote:They should have waited until christmas. U-he The Hive might rock the boat. :P

I don't think there is a certain order.

Guys mention "classic analog sound" every now and then, but modern EDM producers have nothing to do with analog. Of course there are some qualities associated with analog sound, but there is no direct translation to EDM.

On the other hand, things labelled "EDM" today are an utter crap anyway.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

The list could have used any synth released in the last two years, but would have fared best with Spire which clearly has a target audience...of which I am a part of.

Well, it's EDM, so most anything could be there,
wondering how Synthmaster slipped off it's pedestal for a list like this though.

This strikes me as kind of like making a list of the best accordions for playing polka.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

For those of you TLDR, this is #1.

I don't even know what EDM is...I might be too old to continuously want to put new labels on musical genres that are only a slight variation of ones that existed for many years already under a different name.

I agree with the suggestions of adding Dune 2 and Spire to the list because those really stuck out to me as the latest and greatest VSTs for EDM. Not a bad list though.
My latest crazy track "The Quick Brown Fox sampled the Lazy Dog": http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 4&t=425647
15 Free DIVA Presets: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8#p5892108

<insert your top seven for EDM here>
As in usual KVR fashion. :hihi:

Personally spend more time trying to eliminate the EDM bloat from libraries, So I won't make a list.
I do agree they left off some of the obvious ones I see regularly touted for it though.

And Omnisphere I've always considered more for anything BUT EDM.
Seems like overkill and a waste of that synth to use for that sound.

I guess Spire, Synthmaster, Electra2 and Dune2 etc. are not on their list because the advertising customers comes first?
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

"SuperSawStack-Unison-Only"
(From the makers of One-Ping-Only and One-Grain-Only beta.) :hihi:

Return to “Instruments”