Serum vs. everything else

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well, another "vs." thread :party:

Serum is, without any doubt, very solid product. It sounds good, has very well thought interface and is obviously suitable for the kind of music I (am trying to) make. However, despite all that, I don't feel that it brings anything really new to the table. Am I wrong?

Massive and Harmor (I have them both) seem to be the closest contenders. Spire and, especially, A.N.A. also can make some sounds pretty similar to what I've heard from Serum so far (I have them both as well). Most of the sound demos posted in the Serum thread make me think "sounds great, but I've heard it all before".

Ok, forgot to mention, I'm a boring tarnce guy, I need plucks and wobbles, not very interested in drones and weird textures
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

It's a good thing KVR doesn't come with a monthly fee, otherwise I would end my subscription.

Slightly on-topic: if it's not to your liking, great, nobody's forcing you to use it. What's the point?

I really thought that people here are not obliged to read and participate in the threads they are not interested in. Was I wrong? Sorry for that.

This is not a thread of me not liking Serum, I just wanted someone to show me something interesting and unique it is capable of. I do like the core sound and the GUI, but have to thoroughly plan my plugin purchases and don't want overlapping stuff.

There's a lot of buzz about this synth lately. I too, would like to hear other's opinions about why it is better or different. If we can't discuss this type of topic, what's the point of a discussion forum?

Spend atleast 12 hours with serum creating presets and see how the workflow and sound is. Then there is no need to compare with any synths period cause you would already know what it does good. Hearing others opinions on this sort of thing imo is no substitute.

As to why serum sounds good and maybe not to some has already been discussed the official thread. Just don't see how covering the same topic will add anything new.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

:zzz:

Unfortunately I won't have 12 hours to dedicate strictly to Serum before the discount ends. Neither do I have the time to read all 80 pages of the big Serum thread (I did listen to some sound demos from this thread and also made some presets by myself in the demo though)

Again, nobody is forced to participate here.

Totally subjective issue so you will hear widely varying answers. I own and love Serum and find its sound pretty special and the programming approach VERY intuitive

Just use what you like, stop overthinking stuff.
dedication to flying

First, each synth has its own sound, no matter what. Similar is not a substitute.
Workflow is a plus for me because, for example, Harmor sound fantastic, personally, but I can't stand the GUI and other things.
Soundbanks is also a factor, as in Massive or Sylenth vs others.

I got Serum and I love it.
Introductory price is a NoBr.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

recursive one wrote: I don't feel that it brings anything really new to the table. Am I wrong?
you mean "new to the wavetable" , right? :smack:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Return to “Instruments”