InsertPizHere midiOut: Does it work for you with energyXT2.7?

Official support for: energy-xt.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I used to recommend to use midiOut VST by InsertPizHere instead of built in 'Midi Out' component.
But now that I wanted to use it myself again, I cannot get it to run.
The same with Nicfit's 'nF_MIDI_Out' and 'nF_MIDIMon' VSTs (I know the latter one isn't a 'Midi-Out', but with it I wanted to check what was going on).
They all just do nothing...
I downloaded 'newest' version of 'midiOut' by InsertPizHere and also tried with adapting 'pizmidi.ini'.
Anyone out there who uses this stuff successfully with energyXT2.7?
If so, could you give me some hints, please?
If they also do not work for you, please let me know too.

Thanks,
Patrik

Because you ask, I opened my cable-case and connect an old Yamaha AN1. The chain is: Yamaha -> Masterkeyboard Midi-Through -> PC USB-Midi-In/Out.
And... funny enough... it works perfect in both ways with the standard eXT Midi-Out (Prog- and Bank-Select a.s.o. - Just Sysex failed). I also downloaded the NicFit plug (the PizMidi-Site seems to be down) but I'm not able to figure it out.
I used midi-out with earlier eXT-versions (2.5, 2.6?) and there I had to use the PizMidi-Plug because the eXT Midi-Out worked definitively not.
Could it be Jorgen patched something in the latest release? Or (very vague guess), is there a difference between USB-Midi or a device with standard Midi-connectors (system-compliant against midi-drivers)? I mainly use USB-Midi connections at home.

Hope, that helps a bit for bug-tracking.

Thanks for your reply, fanta1.
Yes, energyXT's built in 'MIDI out' component seems to work OK for me too.
I also switched from standard MIDI connectors to USB-MIDI a year ago and since then never used MIDI out to control my hardware.
Thus I also do not know, if Jorgen fixed something of if it now just works because of USB-MIDI.
In XT2 changelogs Jorgen never mentioned that he would have corrected something in MIDI out...
Need to check, how built in MIDI out works with channels to control more than one hardware synth.

I mainly tried out/asked about InsertPizHere and NicFit MIDI out VSTs, because I'm trying to keep 'http://energyxt2.wikidot.com/' up to date a little...

Yes, energyXT seems to work OK with its built-in MIDI Out to control multiple hardware MIDI units. At least the basic stuff like bank/program change and triggering notes.

Anyone else having experience with InsertPizHere's and NicFit's MIDI VSTs?
Do the work for you with 2.7 or not?

Another question regarding MIDI Out.
On 'http://energyxt2.wikidot.com/midi-output-vst-plugins' it says that energyXT's built in MIDI Out component wouldn't be available under Linux.
Is this still true? If not, does it work as one would expect? Does it have any limitations? Are there VST's that do this job better?

Thanks.

I'm just bumping this old thread of mine...
Especially I'm still interested to know if anyone uses InsertPizHere's MIDIOut version 1.3 dated 2012.01.23 successfully with energyXT 2.7? Or any previous version of Piz's MIDOut. Maybe there is a 1.2 version around somewhere that works?

Verify that you have the plugin output pin connected to an output?

Hmmm, to what an output? Shouldn't InsertPizHere's midiOut just send it's MIDI data to the selected (or all) MIDI device(s)?
The built-in MIDI Out doesn't have an output pin and just sends the MIDI data to all known devices. This works.
I can connect InsertPizHere's midiOut's output pin to the input pin of energyXT's built-in MIDI-Out.
In this scenario, my hardware receives MIDI, but it seems strange.
I'm quite sure that some years ago InsertPizHere's midiOut worked just the same way as the built-in MIDI Out does work now (except that one had more options like specifying a single receiving MIDI device and - well - back than it worked in contrast to the built-in MIDI Out.)

Return to “energyXT”