Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

After 1.1, mine's looking like this:

1.Track Groups
2.Track Groups
3.Track Groups
4. Let us rename devices and panel mapping parameters (Though if you do this you need a way to see what the name was, maybe right-click properties or something)
5.Fix wrong parameter names that show as numbers for Omnisphere/Trilian

I'd love to see some enhancements to FM4 like modulatable/automatable matrix modulation values. However I must say, with the free Dexed VST, I don't have much need for FM4. Though with the in-built modulation system it would be cool for it to have proper modulation of the matrix and some basic waveform shapes.

ronnyrydgren wrote:I am not pointing to you braunhirse, fyi :)
You wrote something about ideas.

but lets face it, color option is the least concern, maybe focus on visual on eq and alot more else insteed would be alot better. Or people prefer option for color more then production? I think its bottom on my list of wanted features. Its cool but bitwig needs alot more before color options
There is more than just VST/DSP programmers working on this program, so yeah, colors matter, eventual themes matter.

Personally working in a factory gets on my nerves and colors bring me back to reality. I think it would have been easy to hack the UI and still do what Bitwig did but, they understand aesthetics are half of the creative environment for more than half of the artists our there, myself included.

Mike
Michael Schmalle
http://www.teotigraphix.com
Surfing on sine waves

Maschine4Bitwig - Studio, MK2, MikroMK2, MK1
http://www.teotigraphix.com/bitwig/maschine

I concur. The environment you've to work in has to be stimulating, not distractive. The moment you have to put effort into a routine question, the inspiration gushes out of your workflow. So to speak.

TeotiGraphix wrote:
There is more than just VST/DSP programmers working on this program, so yeah, colors matter, eventual themes matter.

Personally working in a factory gets on my nerves and colors bring me back to reality. I think it would have been easy to hack the UI and still do what Bitwig did but, they understand aesthetics are half of the creative environment for more than half of the artists our there, myself included.

Mike
What i said is that its the lest important thing on my list and Not yours.
How can colors be more important than actually having a full working daw is what really sounds wierd.
Btw bitwig isnt horrible and has a really nice looking interface. Sure colors will be fun. But just face it.
ITs the lest of concern for bitwig atm. Having a way to group tracks, visual eq, more options for exporting, more waves on fm4 and polysynth alot more is whats important for bitwig.

I just think features like that comes before making it possible to select colors or themes.
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

CrazyLittleSomething wrote:I concur. The environment you've to work in has to be stimulating, not distractive. The moment you have to put effort into a routine question, the inspiration gushes out of your workflow. So to speak.

haha workflow has nothing to do with colors. I think pro tools, ableton, and fl is more ugly even if they change to better colors. Bitwig has a nice interface, ive used fl before, but that did not stop me from making music.
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard

@ronnyrydgren
I meant that you won't have to think about where to grab a tool for instance, or won't remember the next procedure in editing your track, for whatever what reason or what way (get stuck), while busy creatively. By matters of concept (ergonomic) and the implementation of applications as it comes to production. Concerning the colors I was referencing to pleasantness. As it comes to stimulation. That's all, sorry for being so unspecific at first. My bad.
Last edited by CrazyLittleSomething on Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ronnyrydgren wrote:
TeotiGraphix wrote:

Mike
What i said is that its the lest important thing on my list and Not yours.
How can colors be more important than actually having a full working daw is what really sounds wierd.
Btw bitwig isnt horrible and has a really nice looking interface. Sure colors will be fun. But just face it.
ITs the lest of concern for bitwig atm. Having a way to group tracks, visual eq, more options for exporting, more waves on fm4 and polysynth alot more is whats important for bitwig.

I just think features like that comes before making it possible to select colors or themes.
Well for one, I am a software developer and know how applications get worked on, iteratively. One thing you don't neglect is UI, so don't think just because we are talking about UI means we don't care about a working DAW.

In your eyes it seems all or nothing as far as get a working DAW, meaning DSP related stuff. Fine, great you have your opinion but, I know that multiple devs can work on things at once so colors can be thought about for a couple hours a week and YOUR features still get implemented.

Mike
Michael Schmalle
Surfing on sine waves

@ronny And there is no disrespect in my last post, I was just making it clear that all things in an app can be developed together, things get done and Bitwig has shown they can do it all from colors, to controllers, to DSP and VST.

So prioritizing only happens in the developers head during programming/development, we are here to ask for features and find bugs and make music. ;-)

Mike
Michael Schmalle
Surfing on sine waves

Echoes in the Attic wrote:After 1.1, mine's looking like this:

I'd love to see some enhancements to FM4 like modulatable/automatable matrix modulation values. However I must say, with the free Dexed VST, I don't have much need for FM4. Though with the in-built modulation system it would be cool for it to have proper modulation of the matrix and some basic waveform shapes.
Odo Synths Double Six. Try it if you have not. :arrow:

+1 for that, but you know those thigns will come in 2.0, I would not even bother mentioning it, or maybe it comes earlier.

carlosjcuevasm wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:After 1.1, mine's looking like this:

Odo Synths Double Six. Try it if you have not. :arrow:

+1 for that, but you know those thigns will come in 2.0, I would not even bother mentioning it, or maybe it comes earlier.
I'm on mac. Dexed is excellent though. I'd only care about FM4 if they made it all automatable/modulatable so as to take advantage of Bitwig's cool modulation system.

My Top 6 Workflow Killers

1. Freeze/Unfreeze for midi clips - In such a way that you can bounce to audio, and revert back to the original midi if you need to.

2. Prev/Next sample hot swapping for the sampler - A button that will replace the current sample with the next sample in the folder. Even better would be the ability to do this with audio clips. This would be a game changer for me actually. This prevents endless back and forth drag and dropping of samples.

3. Solo/Mute keyboard shortcuts - Even better would be a 'solo select' button which will automatically solo whichever tracks you have clips highlighted for. That way, you could lasso or highlight several different clips, hit solo select, and it will solo just those tracks and play them.

4. While hitting space will play the play head from where ever it is currently at, I would like Shift+space or some other short cut to play from the beginning of the currently selected clip. Even better would be another short cut to play the currently selected clip and loop it.

5. Hide/Unhide plugins shortcut

6. Renaming containers/plugins

TeotiGraphix wrote:@ronny And there is no disrespect in my last post, I was just making it clear that all things in an app can be developed together, things get done and Bitwig has shown they can do it all from colors, to controllers, to DSP and VST.

So prioritizing only happens in the developers head during programming/development, we are here to ask for features and find bugs and make music. ;-)

Mike

Yeah i agree. However i think bitwig has a really nice looking interface allready. Sure everybody maybe doesnt like orange. But compair to ableton pro tools and the bunch of other daws, bitwig looks really nice. And maybe its not due to colors. But the interface how it looks. Ofc they will be poeple saying colors are important.
Yet many daw programmer have skipped including options for colors. I know ableton have ways to change color.

I dont think its top 5 important. No more important than other features. ofc interface is important. However you can´t complain about bitwigs interface. it really looks nice. I will be glad to have color option in bitwig in the future. But it would be dissapointing if bitwig prioritised color option over features that would make it a full grown daw since bitwig allready looks nice. Just to make it more a bit more pleasing to the eye doesnt make the daw better. I want features for me to produce with :)
Thats all.

nechronics wrote:... Even better would be another short cut to play the currently selected clip and loop it.
Good list :)
BUt the one i citated almost works as you want, except it wont play on auto and get the playmarker on the place.
I dont know if your familiar with get the loop length over selected clip?
Anyway press ctrl+L on selected clip and it will be a loop over the clip and also activate itself. You
just have to make sure to change where to playmarker and play manually. Thats the only thing that needs work on. I totally
agree this feature could need that.

+1

1. Transparent splash screen in Linux

Unless I have misunderstood, my splash screen is already transparent on xfce.

Return to “Bitwig”