Bitwig Studio 1.1beta6

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

xanthos wrote:yeah, finally drag and drop from internal browser to Battery and Nerve are working! :) Thanks Bitwig Team for that!
wow, finally we can drop samples to standalone editors like Edison too (so it's working not just inside BWS, BWS has to be started with admin rights in win8.1), I'm delighted :tu: it was one our biggest issue

I'm just curious it was u or the java runtime 1.8... contained this fix ?
Last edited by xbitz on Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

owensands wrote:Tracking my gear using midi time code is still not on the grid in BETA 6. was confirmed by dom that something went awry with PDC engine in 1.1 BETA. Said it would be fixed in next beta release(that would make it 6). For 1.0.15 and lower it was always bang on the grid for me within a 1/1024 note. Now its up to 1/128 note early or late depending whether I have recording compensation ticked.
For beta 4 I essentially rewrote the PDC engine to get calculated in the opposite direction of how we used to do it and in a generally more intelligent manner which makes it much more robust for complex routing scenarios and it also allows monitoring to be made with as little latency as possible. It also minimizes the delay between when a plugin is processed and when you'll hear it so plug-in GUIs doesn't get out of sync. This rewrite means that we had to re-check each point where we delay signals to compensate.

MIDI clock sync was one of the things we forgot to fix after the rewrite, didn't make it into beta 6 but we've fixed that one already for 7.

Other known issues related to PDC: (which only happens when using plug-ins which add much latency)
- note recording latency is off
- recording of clips in weird in the sense that the clip is writing too fast, for the resulting audio material however the timing is correct
- the visual feedback from the clip launcher is not compensated so it appears to switch to other clips too early

Hopefully we manage to fix all of those for beta 7.

Apart from that everything else should be properly compensated including side-chains, audio/not routings, modulation routings, automation, transport-timing, vu-meters, note-indications, playheads, external effects and instruments.

EDIT
I also forgot to mention that PDC is now better integrated into the modular system, we added a "flux capacitor" component which works as a compensation delay that automatically equalizes that edge with the other edges the graph, like this example for FX Chain.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nechronics wrote:
Yes, the plugin looks like this here - 80% of it is shifted out of screen:

that also happens in studio one and live.
it´s a slate digital problem and i´ve read on gearslutz that it has to do with the graphic´s card driver but they are busy with other stuff right now.
best action would be to file a bug report at their zendesk and until it is fixed control vtm through the parameter list.

Edit. deleted - off topic

kurasu wrote:we added a "flux capacitor" component
Ok, I can now officially say Bitwig is cool. Adding a Flux Capacitor to the DAW can only be good.

If you didn't respect these programmers before now, well, they just might be from the future and know about audio things we can only dream of.

Mike
Michael Schmalle
http://www.teotigraphix.com
Surfing on sine waves

Maschine4Bitwig - Studio, MK2, MikroMK2, MK1
http://www.teotigraphix.com/bitwig/maschine

kurasu wrote: EDIT
I also forgot to mention that PDC is now better integrated into the modular system, we added a "flux capacitor" component which works as a compensation delay that automatically equalizes that edge with the other edges the graph, like this example for FX Chain.
And we were so lucky, it was only $19.95! :hyper:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or7P9jfhcZ0

Awesome, can't wait for the modular system.

Bathrobe wrote:
nechronics wrote:
Yes, the plugin looks like this here - 80% of it is shifted out of screen:

that also happens in studio one and live.
it´s a slate digital problem and i´ve read on gearslutz that it has to do with the graphic´s card driver but they are busy with other stuff right now.
best action would be to file a bug report at their zendesk and until it is fixed control vtm through the parameter list.
Thanks, thats good to know, i was already afraid of this one because VST window stuff is always dirty business ;)
Volker Schumacher, developer at http://www.bitwig.com

NEW Allow modulation of discrete (bool, enum, int) parameters.

Can somebody explain to me how to do this? I'm using polysynth trying to map stuff like filter type and unison voices to a macro and it lets me map them but there's no effect when I turn the knob.

Ogopogo wrote:NEW Allow modulation of discrete (bool, enum, int) parameters.

Can somebody explain to me how to do this? I'm using polysynth trying to map stuff like filter type and unison voices to a macro and it lets me map them but there's no effect when I turn the knob.
Well I got it to work but it is kind of abstract. :)

I think there is a bug in the UI and updating the enum selection as you change but;

For example, select Notch, start editing a macro, pull the value down to -7.

Now try turning the macro knob and you can hear the filter types change while holding down a playing note, but the ui doesn't update correctly.

Mike
Michael Schmalle
http://www.teotigraphix.com
Surfing on sine waves

Maschine4Bitwig - Studio, MK2, MikroMK2, MK1
http://www.teotigraphix.com/bitwig/maschine

Yep you're right, I hear it changing but no gui update.

Yep, known problem ;-)

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

c-wave wrote:
volker@bitwig wrote:
Ogopogo wrote:Was talking about this in another thread; it seems deactivating a clip is just muting it? In that case why have the option to "deactivate" at all, why not just mute? It's weird to hit "deactivate" in the menu and the mute button goes on, two names for the same thing.
It's the same thing, just badly labeled, we plan to have the naming of mute/deactivate and also the shortcuts cleaned up in the next beta version.
Dear Volker, It's not just a matter of renaming the labels:

1. On Arranger view: Deactivate a clip should disable that clip (to save CPU power) and not mute it which is what happens now, hence the utility of having a *deactivate clip* instead of just muting the clip.
2. On Clip launcher view: deactivate the clip is also muting the clip, but in addition the clip should dim in the same way a clip dims in the Arranger view but it does not.
3. Activate/Deactivate Scene has no visual feedback whatsoever; it doesn't even dim the clips on that scene.
no need for having a separate deactivate function on clips, the cpu impact of clips only depends on if they are playing or not, but not on their mute/deactivate setting.
Volker Schumacher, developer at http://www.bitwig.com

i think this whole Mute/Deactivate/Activate thing needs to be un-muddled.
how about:

Shift-M = Mute & Unmute
Should work the same as pressing the Inspector's large 'M' buttons for clips and notes, and the right-click menu item should say Mute/Unmute, not Deactivate/Activate. It should also work as the Device power switch for muting/unmuting (not de/activating).

Shift-D = Deactivate & Activate
Should work on Tracks and Devices.

?

garyboozy wrote:i think this whole Mute/Deactivate/Activate thing needs to be un-muddled.
how about:

Shift-M = Mute & Unmute
Should work the same as pressing the Inspector's large 'M' buttons for clips and notes, and the right-click menu item should say Mute/Unmute, not Deactivate/Activate. It should also work as the Device power switch for muting/unmuting (not de/activating).

Shift-D = Deactivate & Activate
Should work on Tracks and Devices.

?
I like it a lot for clips and devices and also can be added to tracks. I think right now tracks got a deactivate shortcut but no mute/un-mute shortcut.?
Still think visual representation on Live (for tracks and devices) easier on the eye than that red x .

Return to “Bitwig”