Bounced loops with 130 BPM have 131,279 BPM in other DAWs!

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I use in the example Bitwig 1.015 and I realized when I bounce a group like my rhythm elements and play them together with a basic 4-2-the-floor midi played bass synth, there is
1.a short audio stop at the end of the loop between the bounce and original rhythmic material
2.the timing is not like the midi triggered original percussion

in the audio example is first the bounced loop and second the midi triggered original percussion consists of a snare, hihat and some other percussions. the straight bass pulse is for orientation and is always midi triggered!

http://www.filedropper.com/bouncevsmiditriggered

or

picosong.com/fmyZ

The second problem:
If I set the same tempo as the loop has in another sequencer and import it, the lenght is not right!
I tried it witth cubase and Studio one, in both the loop at 130 BPM is too short!

Last edited by crazyfiltertweaker on Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

nobody noticed it?

just make the same tests as me and you realize it!

also the wrong timing of bounced rhythmic audio is audible clearly!

Just look on my material or try it yourselves!

Hey, maybe try out the newest 1.1 BETA version. In the changelog you'll find that they completely rewrote the PDC engine. If the problem is still there you should send a report to them.
Cheers ;)

Ok! I will try! :)

Hopefully it works as expected...

If yes, one main issue is fixed, beside the parameters, which dont move with the macro if it is UAD plugin!

I tried around and the timing problem with bounces together with MIDI triggered sounds seems to be solved in the Beta INTERNALLY.

but if I export the loop, a tempo of 130 BPM is in every other sequencer exactly 131,279... BPM (Cubase, Studio One, Reason...).

This leads to some problems because audio is so not compatible with other sequencers and external software...

just tried this in BETA 6 I bounced a 130bpm loop and it looped perfectly in live with warp off.

strange...

Could you try a loop which is half some midi triggered percussions and the other half a bounced version of it and bounce it?

There is something wrong as you can see and the same is happening with the new beta here...

I try it once again now...

owensands wrote:just tried this in BETA 6 I bounced a 130bpm loop and it looped perfectly in live with warp off.
@Owensands, are you directly using the bounced clip? (from the project folder/via 'open containing folder')
crazyfiltertweaker wrote:but if I export the loop, a tempo of 130 BPM is in every other sequencer exactly 131,279... BPM (Cubase, Studio One, Reason...).
@Crazyfiltertweaker, do you export the clip via 'Export Audio' option?

Maybe that's the difference and there's something wrong with the audio export :?:

I have come across this bug too. I thought something weird was going on - I dragged a loop from another project, both were at 128, but the drum loop didn't fit. Glad it's not just me!

u-u-u wrote:
owensands wrote:just tried this in BETA 6 I bounced a 130bpm loop and it looped perfectly in live with warp off.
@Owensands, are you directly using the bounced clip? (from the project folder/via 'open containing folder')
yes

I noticed this exact thing happening the other day. I'll recreate the results later and reply, but I know ableton and bitwig weren't playing the loop the same until I changed their bpms by about 10. I was at it for about 15 minutes before I gave up, had to go to a dinner party. It wasn't a warp mistake, I was using Maschine 2 and preloading a drum kit with a pattern pre written onto it. This pattern is the same regardless of DAW. With maschine 2 as a VST in ableton and bitwig, one of the two softwares was noticably slower and had a lower pitch. I had to tune the bpm down by about 10 in one of them to get the sounds to line up correctly (although strange enough one of their pitches was still off). Since as a VST maschine 2 is just straight outputting audio based on the DAW's bpm, I couldn't have been making a warp mistake. Anyway, I figured I was just crazy and closed them both, getting sick of spending basically all of my time troubleshooting every single gd thing I buy..

anyway ill repost specifics later, maybe tom.

it is like the other bug with the saving state of macros to which parameters from UAD plugins were assinged and not moving with the macro: many have the same problem but it is so strange and not reproducable, that it will be forget and loses in the depth of the forum...

But I hope not, because both are really major and I have problems with both in every single project!

u-u-u wrote: @Crazyfiltertweaker, do you export the clip via 'Export Audio' option?

Maybe that's the difference and there's something wrong with the audio export :?:
Yes, I have used the "Export Audio" function.

But for the bouncing of the internal busses, I recorded the busses and used the recorded Busses for playback and for exporting the whole audio finally.

(by the way: using drag&drop audio from bitwig to every location I want in the browser would make workflow faster in bitwig...)

OK, I'll send a bug report with a link to this topic. Maybe they can do somthing.

crazyfiltertweaker wrote:strange...

Could you try a loop which is half some midi triggered percussions and the other half a bounced version of it and bounce it?

There is something wrong as you can see and the same is happening with the new beta here...

I try it once again now...
Have you already sent the project and the steps to reproduce i asked for lately?
Could not find anything yet...

Cheers,
Dom

Return to “Bitwig”