Your TOP 5 feature requests for Bitwig

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

gravy wrote:Unless I have misunderstood, my splash screen is already transparent on xfce.
Really? It is not in Unity and KDE4.

I only haz ONE for the moment (seems easy enough!):

How about when one double-clicks the name of a track, it opens (or brings to focus if ALREADY open) the associated VST? Currently a double-click there does naught.

Peace out!

Oh, WAIT: and DITTO on THIS!

"5. Hide/Unhide plugins shortcut"

DanceHer wrote:I only haz ONE for the moment (seems easy enough!):

How about when one double-clicks the name of a track, it opens (or brings to focus if ALREADY open) the associated VST? Currently a double-click there does naught.

Peace out!
This is another good one...in studio one, instrument tracks have a little keyboard icon next to them which can be clicked to go straight to the instrument for that track...extremely handy and i click that button all the time when I'm working.

The little keyboard icon next to tracks in Bitwig looks ripe for this purpose. I imagine it would be more difficult in Bitwig since you can have multiple instruments in a track/instrument groups - though perhaps having it default to the first instrument in a track or even opening some kind of drop down box when there are instrument groups would be great.

Load midi generating VSTs on the same track as instrument plugins like the bitwig native midi plugins.
Eg load VST midi plugins in serial/parallel before the instrument plugin all on the same track
Amazon: why not use an alternative

nechronics wrote: The little keyboard icon next to tracks in Bitwig looks ripe for this purpose. I imagine it would be more difficult in Bitwig since you can have multiple instruments in a track/instrument groups - though perhaps having it default to the first instrument in a track or even opening some kind of drop down box when there are instrument groups would be great.
looks like this in BWS 1.1b6, containers are not supported :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

1: "Chord track" like in Cubase
2: "Pitchfades" like in Logic Pro
3: Better and more simpler Browser. Third party vst's FX and Instruments should be on separate folders just like in Studio One. The browser in Studio one is perfect
4: Better Audio stretch engine. The quality isn't good enough.
5: Track folders

I agree:

It will be great to have:

1-Chords like in Cubase
2-Group tracks
3-Video/image Track
4-Separate Instrument and Effect 3rd party plugin
5-better time stretch engine

sanchezco wrote:3: Better and more simpler Browser. Third party vst's FX and Instruments should be on separate folders just like in Studio One. The browser in Studio one is perfect
you can always put them into folders yourself : )
Brzzzzzzt.

I'd really like to see input quantization asap!

Johannes

Groove extract, and saving groove templates, please.
Studio One Pro 3.3 and PT 12.6 on Win 8.1 Pro, i7-3930k, Sabertooth x79, 16GB G.Skill 2133, Lynx Hilo, Eleven Rack, Chandler TG2, Liquid Channel, Mojave MA-200, Focal CMS65s. Oh, and a "few" guitars...

1 audio clip editing with a Pro Tools Smart Tool like feature and cross fades with select able ramp curves.

2 the ability to send the clip preview to a track so I can preview midi drum loops to my connected drum machine and also have it start and stop with the session so I can find and trial the right drum loop while looping in the session. Note I left windows/pro tools and living with out Superior Drummer is hard in linux.

3 mp3 export rendering in fast time like Reaper.

4 a linux version of Superior Drummer lol!

5 I had the Korg m1 plug in and am having trouble getting a suitable sub in linux, and I'd like a grand piano in linux as well. It is out there I know but nailing it down is taking time.
Thanks

obx777 wrote: 2 the ability to send the clip preview to a track so I can preview midi drum loops to my connected drum machine and also have it start and stop with the session so I can find and trial the right drum loop while looping in the session. Note I left windows/pro tools and living with out Superior Drummer is hard in linux.
This one would be great - very useful feature in Studio One. When I preview clips in the browser, the midi is output through whatever instrument track I have selected at the moment instead of some generic "saw" sound.

nechronics wrote: 5. Hide/Unhide plugins shortcut
Sorry to single this out, but while lurking my thought was that almost all hosts need this. The live one doesn't work properly imho.

Look & Feel : zoom in/out % like in Live (with keybaord shortcuts CMD+/-)
Plug-ins : VST3 support

Return to “Bitwig”