Please give instructions on how to synchronize the lowest latency on audio?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I think that my audio is still a little out of synch with the metronome... What is the directly best way to ensure that it will be exactly aligned??? Enough is enough! lol

RonC

Does anyone know any methods to do this? I just want every recorded audio to be recorded exactly in the time that Im recording it - not offset at all. It seems I have offset when recording audio vs when actually playing it in time... Please anyone?

RonC

Hard to know what's causing your problem Ron.

What is your set up? Windows or Mac (or Linux)
What interface are you using?
What audio driver?
How far out is it?
What's the reported latency?
Can you play in time?
Are you recording with direct monitoring or listening to the round trip?

So many varaibles

there is a problem on mac osx with the audioengine, that it does not compensate for the audiobuffers of the interface. so you get an offset with overdub recordings.
when i recall it correctly you have to move the audio twice the buffersize.

i think it should not happen, but it is what it is.
additionally there is no way to ensure sampleaccuracy, as the buffer is in samples, but the grid in tracktion does only give you milliseconds.

so, there is work to do ...
i just avoid recording overdubs in tracktion 5 on mac atm.
i'll wait for a sampleaccurate audioengine.

WIN 7 presonus firepod
latest driver
its not too far
not sure how to report latency its set to 12
i can play in time yes
i am recording with "round trip"
i never had synch problems in ableton live

RonC

Thanks Ron.

I can't play in time so it was worth asking :scared:

I had a problem a while back with a version of T4 I think, but this was fixed.

You could use the loopback to set the latency of your inputs. I've never had to do this but it could be useful.
Are you using any complicated racks that cannot calculate plugin compensation?

Otherwise no idea. Sorry

1) Put the cursor at bar 2 of a new edit.
2) Record the metronome click to track one.
3) Connect your audio out to your audio in
4) Arm track two, record the sound of the audio on track one to track two.
5) Highlight track two, click on ghost tracks in the properties panel, and choose track one. A "ghostly" copy of the waveform on track one will be overlaid on track two
6) Turn off snap. Zoom right in, and nudge track two backwards until the click peaks exactly match up in the track two and ghosted copy.
7) Check they're exactly in time by playing back and listening to it by ear.
8 ) Look at the properties panel for the clip on track two, and work out how many milliseconds you've moved it back
9) Set the time adjust on the audio input to match that millisecond value
10) Move the audio input to track 3, mute track 2
11) Record the sound of the click on track 1, to track 3, hit stop, and check that track 3 and track 1 are now bang on, as you want them
12) Never change the latency setting on your audio interface, or if you do, repeat the above.
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

THanks Chico I really appreciate this. I will run this test this weekend hopefully!

T3 used to have that as a built-in function - now is it still present in T5? (It doesn't seem to stand out as much, if it does...)
Waveform 11; Win10 desktop/8 Gig; Win8 Laptop 4Gig; MPK261; VFX+disfunctional ESQ-1

Its got to be some weird setting either in Tracktion 5 or your audio device settings ? I fooled with recording a guitar and the metronome today just to make sure , hitting the guitar like a drum to the metronome click , played it back and no sync problems . I am on Windows7 64 bit , echo audiofire 4 . rpc9943 I hope you get this solved , Id check your latency setting in " T5 Settings " and also you latency settings on your " Firepod software settings " and make sure its all matching . I bet its not matching and thats what is causing this , Ive had them miss matched before by accident .

Return to “Tracktion”