7Aliens Catanya 2 released - 64-bit support

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

kev2525 wrote:I need an arp for electronic music. I'm on the fence about whether to get this, cream or Cthulu. I must admit the plethora of presets on this makes it an interesting option. Anyone got cthulu and this and can compare?
I can only compare Cream and Catanya. Cream has way more controls and is theoretically much more powerful, but Catanya is a hell of a lot more fun. So my guess is that given both, most users would end up using Catanya.

I bought the update today and tested Catanya 2

- save / load option is great and works fine
- the new browser is great
- it is stable in FL Studio 9.1 (I still use 32 Bit on Win7 64)
- it is stable by using in a chain with 2 midi VST plugins
- it's a direct polyphonic arp

- 4 / 5 ... notes chords would be great
- legato seems to be possible by changing a pattern with a mouse click
- a legato solution with keys would be nice
- swing option, with possibility to load midifiles would be great
- chord memory would be great, loading .chord files would be wonderful
- 32 steps in one window without scrolling would be nice
- drag and drop midi would be great, my daw can't record VST midi out data

customer email replies should be standard today, especially if customers are sending ideas for free.

Conclusion:

I like Catanya. It is easy to use and it is stable. And that are the most important things for me. And therefore for me it's worth the money.

But there is a huge capability for additional features and customer communication.

PS: sorry my english is not the best!

just for the correcting myself
i meant by the
Legato = DAW Sync.

currently (and unfortunately) it has only retrigger mode.
as
"spirit" described a few post earlier:
spirit wrote: ...

But again, the triggering issue sort of bugs me. I wish it would restart on the bar rather than on key press.
so yes

this is the only weak point of this unique tool.
it would be huge step if we get DAW Sync. option

I own the original Catanya, and yes, it's a cool idea, and the design is pretty good, and when it's right, woohoo and yay, but, for me, I have to side with those original owners who are put off by the upgrade price and only the slight, glancing modification of features, most of which remain untouched. I mean, no swing? Really, I think of that as just the sort of obvious stuff one would would consider when doing an update to an arp such as this.

And of course, yes, the price isn't insane, and if I used it every day it would be a no brainer, but I don't, partly because the "pattern selection" paradigm would only really be useful for me if I could modify the nuts and bolts of what's going on in serious ways, in ways that were thought out both from a workflow and a what's-musically-useful perspective.

So, for approximately the same amount of cash, I've gone with Kirnu's Cream, which, though there is a bit of a learning curve, offers an insane amount of flexibility, with musically useful controls designed with attention to ease of workflow.

But, ya know, whatever makes it easier for you to create is what's right.

I dig Catanya. It has some features I really like. And if the developer ever chooses to sit down and put out a V2 upgrade that's been thoughtfully redesigned I'll prolly barf up the cash. I'd be happy to support that.

Till then, though....

Cheers.

8)

Hmmmm......so far the Demo has hung up Reaper and FL Studio on my laptop. It won't even show in Orion. Looks like I'll have to give Reaper the three finger salute since it's not responding for over 5 minutes. I love the idea of Cantanya....just have to get the demo working before considering purchase..... :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:so far the Demo has hung up Reaper
That's strange. I use catanya in reaper (winXP 32 bit and win7 64 bit) since it came out and I updated to the latest version and I never had problems with it.

Teksonik wrote:Hmmmm......so far the Demo has hung up Reaper and FL Studio on my laptop. It won't even show in Orion. Looks like I'll have to give Reaper the three finger salute since it's not responding for over 5 minutes. I love the idea of Cantanya....just have to get the demo working before considering purchase..... :?
Which FL Studio version are you using?

I'm still using FL Studio 9.1 on Win7 64 because with the newer FL Studio versions I have problems, too.

In FL Studio 9.1 95% of my huge VST collection is working very good and Catanya V2 works very fine there, too.

I have FL 11 on my laptop...everything else works fine with it. The Catanya plugin hangs during initial scanning in Reaper, scans but hangs during load in FL and simply doesn't show in Orion. (WinXp 32 bit).

Maybe I'll try the demo on my Internet computer which is also WinXp 32 bit. Eventually the intention would be to purchase and install the 64 Bit version on my studio computer............

EDIT: Ok I've successfully installed the demo on my internet computer. Not sure what went wrong on the lappy......

After about a minute of trying the demo an obvious question has popped up.......there's no way to change the speed of the Arp ? I must be missing something.......time to RTFM I guess........EDIT 2:...if I could find TFM..... :lol:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Still no AU or Mac VST version of course… :bang:

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Spitfire31 wrote:Still no AU or Mac VST version of course… :bang:

/Joachim
Maybe by 2020..

How do I use this in Magix Music Maker MX ?

thx

What are the Demo Limitations on Catyana 2 besides the limited Presets? :help:

Thanks?

Edit... OK disregard... There is a Time Limit,, :D

Rajah wrote:
Spitfire31 wrote:Still no AU or Mac VST version of course… :bang:

/Joachim
Maybe by 2020..
Have you seen this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8jxvZq ... freload=10

really nice stuff (catanya plus chord/harmony) and it seems to be on mac too.
but for the hell i didnt found any DL_link or other infos about this.
I really really want it!

"Phrasendrescher" is quite new, the creator posted the info just yesterday on NI forum. I guess a download or further info will follow soon.
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Amazon: why not use an alternative

Return to “Effects”