Presswerk Public Beta

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fese wrote:minor bug. Where should I report that?
The usual: support at u-he dot com :)
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

Wow, the sound of the Vari-mu Tube Limiter, really amazing! I will test drive the other modes aswell.

Will there be an easy implementation of sidechaining in Cubase (I guess that requires vst3)?

I know of the Quad-channel-trick which I cannot use (...on Cubase Artist - doesn't have Quad channels!).
Last edited by Obsolete236871 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

So this is the first non VST3 release?

A couple of things I don't like already
a) being able to test this plugin but not having funds to buy it
b) being forced to funk with Cubase's routing in order to get sidechain compression (if available) working (not U-HE's fault, but a host issue)

So nice work, folks. :hihi:
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

fese wrote:First things first: Sounds bloody awesome, looks frickin' good and is great to use.

One thing that irritates me though i don't know whether that is a bug or a feature:
Say I select FET Mode first, change some settings to get the state i like, then change to Vari-Mu, then change back to FET: the settings for attack and ration have changed. Now I change from FET to Opto and back: pretty much all the settings have changed, it sounds completely different than before. Being used to DC8C I am used to each compressor mode keeping its own state so that switching back and forth between the models don't change any local settings. From a user perspective this is better imo.

One thing i think is a minor bug. Where should I report that?
Right click a dial and select lock. This should stop dials changing between presets.

Just a quick test, more or less mindlessly throwing a couple of Presswerk's on a BFD3 drum set single - instrument channels (FET), ambient channels (Overhead: vari-mu, room FET), drum bus (vari-mu), first half uncompressed, second half with Presswerk's.
https://soundcloud.com/petergonesonic/presswerk-test-1
This is by no means a qualified showcase, just a 10 minute whip-up. The sound reminds me of the ArtsAcoustics CL1 compressors, in a good way, because I love their sound.

Kaboom75 wrote:
fese wrote:First things first: Sounds bloody awesome, looks frickin' good and is great to use.

One thing that irritates me though i don't know whether that is a bug or a feature:
Say I select FET Mode first, change some settings to get the state i like, then change to Vari-Mu, then change back to FET: the settings for attack and ration have changed. Now I change from FET to Opto and back: pretty much all the settings have changed, it sounds completely different than before. Being used to DC8C I am used to each compressor mode keeping its own state so that switching back and forth between the models don't change any local settings. From a user perspective this is better imo.

One thing i think is a minor bug. Where should I report that?
Right click a dial and select lock. This should stop dials changing between presets.
I don't mean switching presets (there are none so far and it's a compressor, who needs them?), i mean switching between the different easy modes. Presswerk keeps the input/output gain, threshold and release in sync (where applicable). Maybe others like it that way, I'd prefer keeping the settings I made. DC8C also has easy modes, but keeps their setting as I want them when switching.

fese wrote: I don't mean switching presets (there are none so far and it's a compressor, who needs them?), i mean switching between the different easy modes. Presswerk keeps the input/output gain, threshold and release in sync (where applicable). Maybe others like it that way, I'd prefer keeping the settings I made. DC8C also has easy modes, but keeps their setting as I want them when switching.
Sascha shared some thoughts in the effects forum: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8&start=15

Sounds like the intention is toward a slightly different workflow. (I must be behind the times, the idea of different interfaces on one underlying compressor model this way is pretty fresh to me. Presswerk feels thoroughly tricked out with these bits of awesome.)

xh3rv wrote:
fese wrote: I don't mean switching presets (there are none so far and it's a compressor, who needs them?), i mean switching between the different easy modes. Presswerk keeps the input/output gain, threshold and release in sync (where applicable). Maybe others like it that way, I'd prefer keeping the settings I made. DC8C also has easy modes, but keeps their setting as I want them when switching.
Sascha shared some thoughts in the effects forum: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8&start=15

Sounds like the intention is toward a slightly different workflow. (I must be behind the times, the idea of different interfaces on one underlying compressor model this way is pretty fresh to me. Presswerk feels thoroughly tricked out with these bits of awesome.)
Yeah, the modes are something like a preset template... it will change some settings... unless you are going from one of the simple modes to normal.

Unable to enter the serial number of the early subject with Digital Performer 8 !

I'm under LION 10.7.5 _
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7., D.P. 11.3 & Kontakt 7.9 _ Gibson ES 295 & Explorer _ FilterBank2 Sherman & PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Altiverb 8_ Explorer Loïc Le Pape
https://loiclepapesteelguitars.com/

use Beta Tester as user name.
with this serial: 3GC8O-SLHM1-MYP6-0420-2NXM

Cheers,
Michael

Ah OK: it's work fine . 8)
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7., D.P. 11.3 & Kontakt 7.9 _ Gibson ES 295 & Explorer _ FilterBank2 Sherman & PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Altiverb 8_ Explorer Loïc Le Pape
https://loiclepapesteelguitars.com/

I just did a quick test of AD Axon into Presswerk. Vari-Mu in mid-side is absolutely gorgeous. Can't wait to make this mine on Monday.
Seasoned IT vet, Mac user, and lover of music. Always learning.

Toggling the Bypass switch is being added to the Undo queue, which I don't think is the desired behavior - if you're comparing changes to a setting, you don't want to have to step through multiple Bypass toggles just to revert to the previous setting. And since Bypass doesn't change anything, it doesn't need undo, you can just toggle it.

Also, SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY.

In the Vari mu when switched to m/s mode the the Inputs still control left/right not m/s. For example switch to ms and feed it a stereo signal pull down the mid input and the left side goes down.

Also in the Fet (1176) the Attack/Decay are opposite to the original. I actually prefer this as it makes more sense, but you know what the purists will say !!!! Good job guys.
Last edited by woodsdenis on Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Urs wrote:
Gosh wrote:hi urs, please give us a secret link to buy it already as you did with the bazille beta :pray:
We would like to be allowed the decency to wait till Monday before we post that link :clown:
:love:
My PayU-HEPal account is ready.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Return to “u-he”