Wow IK Multimedia, really????

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't like to be on the kick IK Multimedia tip but they're offering Deluxe on sale for $79.99 but it still costs 200 credits to get it. Really, guys??? I feel so gyped and nickel and dimed right now. I had accumulated a good amount of points and saved them only to find out that those promotions are false promotions?!?!? This is the JamPoints system all over again.

HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT!!!

Lesson learned: Don't bother with any form of points just use cash. They might as well just end the points system.

Wow.

Edit: Deluxe not Grand

I think they may be going to keep the credit prices fixed now, so you can't get a "double-dip" discount by using credits purchased on sale... or at least keeping the credit prices up for a period of time following a credit sale.
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

This is a big reason I wont ever buy from IK until they get rid of their Chuk-E-Cheeze style token system

@itneveris - you have the option to pay without the Gear Credits for T-RackS gear, there is that option available to you.

@frankz00 - Sorry for the confusion, I'm checking into this discrepancy and you are correct that it seems to be off. Please hang tight, though, because it will likely be an "after the weekend" resolution - I appreciate the heads up and your patience.

Okay. Well I'm hopeful that it's just an oversight.

If "double dipping" is the concern, then I'd recommend that Gear Point discounts not be given at all since they're a potential source of confusion and frustration. A point should be a point no matter what price it was purchased.

That was just conjecture on my part.

Certainly I've used multiple discounts, when allowed, to get the best price on things.

Heck, sometimes they end up being free, or nearly that.

I'm actually hoping to "triple-dip" on the APIs, since I bought a bunch of credits on sale and also used considerable jampoints (plus, the more you bought, the cheaper they were... quad-dip?)

Now, I just have to wait and see if my GAS fever can hold out to if and when the go on sale at reduced credit prices and/or as a bundle, etc.

Quint...?
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

Even with the discounts I'm sure I've spent more on IK gear than I would have normally. I think only Native Instruments has extracted more money out of me... I can't really complain but a deal is a deal.

Sounds like an honest oversight though...

Just to let you know the credit price has now also been discounted correctly. http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/trdeluxe/ for more information on T-RackS Deluxe and you can get the credit pricing inside Custom Shop.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Just to let you know the credit price has now also been discounted correctly. http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/trdeluxe/ for more information on T-RackS Deluxe and you can get the credit pricing inside Custom Shop.
All set, baby! I'm a happy camper now!

frankz00 wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Just to let you know the credit price has now also been discounted correctly. http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/trdeluxe/ for more information on T-RackS Deluxe and you can get the credit pricing inside Custom Shop.
Hmmm... I thought we had agreed that you would not call me that in public!! :)

itneveris wrote:This is a big reason I wont ever buy from IK until they get rid of their Chuk-E-Cheeze style token system
Yeah, that's bad enough, and during their last tokens sale, I couldn't even buy 'em!

The cart kept messing up (I tried two times), but it removed the JamBucks or whatever they're called, that I was trying to apply to the purchase, acting like the purchase went through when it hadn't.

I contacted Peter here, but he couldn't help me, and while someone did respond to and fix my first problem, nobody got back to me about the second one. I twiddled by thumbs until the sale ran out, then just moved on.

I wanted to buy the Z-Vex pedals, but instead, I created the same effect using some devices in Guitar Rig. So it all worked out in the end.

But it's safe to say that, barring some awesomely outrageous, must-have pedal(s) for Amplitube, I'm done with IK Multimedia.
"The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong." - Carl Jung

I lost like 5 credits just for putting them in the basket and seeing what the price would be. Needless to say, you still have to pay a certain percentage for some things. And I lost the points I was testing it out with. Got nothing in return.

^^^^
Contact IK Multimedia Support, explain what happened. They should be able to check your Account and reinstate them (and get the Shop fixed as needed).
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

JamPoints return to your account after a short time if your transaction does not go through. If that is not what you experienced, like DarkStar suggests, support will help. http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
frankz00 wrote:
Hmmm... I thought we had agreed that you would not call me that in public!! :)
Oops!

Return to “Effects”