Presswerk Public Beta

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

woodsdenis wrote:In the Vari mu when switched to m/s mode the the Inputs still control left/right not m/s. For example switch to ms and feed it a stereo signal pull down the mid input and the left side goes down.
Bah! Confirmed on Logic 10.0.7.

BTW, I love the touch link controls. Elegant!
Seasoned IT vet, Mac user, and lover of music. Always learning.

wesleyt wrote: BTW, I love the touch link controls. Elegant!
:tu:

wesleyt wrote:
woodsdenis wrote:In the Vari mu when switched to m/s mode the the Inputs still control left/right not m/s. For example switch to ms and feed it a stereo signal pull down the mid input and the left side goes down.
Bah! Confirmed on Logic 10.0.7.

BTW, I love the touch link controls. Elegant!
Its the same behaviour in the Normal mode too.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Gorgeous interface. Just gorgeous.

:love:

Really impressed. Going to be opening me wallet again

Sounds incredible - 5 mins of tweaking on random stuff and I'm sold. Will you be adding more vintage compressor "views" at any point in the future? You've got the top 3 most plugin-emulated ones in there, but the concept seems infinitely expandable...

Would you ever expand into "modern" compressor views as well?

One small feature request - it'd be cool to have a wet/dry knob on each vintage compressor view, to avoid having to switch back to the "normal" view just for wet/dry

It would be great if the GUI could fit the size of the FET and OPTO view modes.

Would look better without all that empty space below, IMHO.

[duplicate]
Last edited by Breeze on Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Breeze wrote:
Compyfox wrote:So this is the first non VST3 release?
b) being forced to funk with Cubase's routing in order to get sidechain compression (if available) working...
This bothers me too, especially with a dynamics processor where sidechaining from other tracks is very common. I suppose it's why this hasn't had much relevance for me with U-he products till now. I understand U-he's VST3 framework is in revision, but it's a little disquieting not to have it mentioned at all.

But otherwise, I'm very imPresswerked! :tu:

wicked! sounds awesome.

One thing I've found quite quickly that I would prefer, and others can chime in - is that although the 'touch link" parameter is really nice in the vari-mu, I find that I still want to use the dial first and foremost. I keep going to them, and after turning them, being like "oh right....reset, retweak etc".

It's not a big issue, but it is to me a little "unflowing", and counter intuitive. Personally I would like the R/L to be linked and turning one is mirrored on the other (as default). With the option to unlink the parameter.

If it was deemed to be something worth tweaking, a possible suggestion I would have is this:

Have the "touch link" mouse drag area have another functionality of an on\off toggle button. This would toggle the link state of the channel. When it's in the on state (light blue or something), then both dials act as one, you can change either and both will change. Then if you click it/switch it to off, it goes black, and still works with mouse swiping, and the parameters are unlinked on the dials.

I guess there's keyboard modifier options as well, though that was one thought that came up. Either way, not linked by default seems awkward to me, though maybe others have different opinions.

cheers on the awesome work!

gwok wrote:wicked! sounds awesome.

One thing I've found quite quickly that I would prefer, and others can chime in - is that although the 'touch link" parameter is really nice in the vari-mu, I find that I still want to use the dial first and foremost. I keep going to them, and after turning them, being like "oh right....reset, retweak etc".

It's not a big issue, but it is to me a little "unflowing", and counter intuitive. Personally I would like the R/L to be linked and turning one is mirrored on the other (as default). With the option to unlink the parameter.

If it was deemed to be something worth tweaking, a possible suggestion I would have is this:

Have the "touch link" mouse drag area have another functionality of an on\off toggle button. This would toggle the link state of the channel. When it's in the on state (light blue or something), then both dials act as one, you can change either and both will change. Then if you click it/switch it to off, it goes black, and still works with mouse swiping, and the parameters are unlinked on the dials.

I guess there's keyboard modifier options as well, though that was one thought that came up. Either way, not linked by default seems awkward to me, though maybe others have different opinions.

cheers on the awesome work!
I prefer it the way it is...

I have a hunch...
Also in the Fet (1176) the Attack/Decay are opposite to the original. I actually prefer this as it makes more sense, but you know what the purists will say !!!! Good job guys.
Well, we thought it would be awkward to reverse the knob. It would try too hard to emulate the original hardware. Which we don't. We just say "this is what Presswerk sounds like if you use it like this and that hardware".

A few weeks ago we had the most gorgeous and realistic looking front panels of these machines in Presswerk. And we thought, people will tear us apart for this, it raises the expectation to be a spot-on emulation. So we reverted to Presswerk's own look and feel. And its own parameter ranges.

- Urs

kj.metissage wrote:It would be great if the GUI could fit the size of the FET and OPTO view modes.

Would look better without all that empty space below, IMHO.
We wanted to do that too, but then we figured that browsing presets will become a flicker-fest.

We might try it as an option one day...

Looks amazing. Barely wait to try it. Hope it's not too hard on the CPU.

Return to “u-he”