Creating a Kontakt Player Instrument

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Kontakt Player

Thanks, congrats on your 10000 posts!

EvilDragon wrote:Holy necro, Batman! :D
Ha! I took me a minute to figure that one out . . . :D

I still don't have Kontakt because there are many licensed libraries or libraries which don't use Kontakt.
Pianos: many, many products
Strings: many of them are licensed and there are cheap products from VSL
Drums: NI, Toontrack, ...

And in my opinion nearly everybody only really needs strings and piano libraries and maybe choir. Guitars, electronic keyboards and vocals are recorded with not much effort. And there are vsti for analog synths. And then there are good products from Native Instruments

Melodyshine wrote:And then there are good products from Native Instruments
Implying Kontakt is not a good NI product?

So I'm a new small developer and I have just made a new kontakt instrument with some of their factory scripts.

I'm intended to sell it as product. I wouldn't mind if it can run only under a full licensed kontakt, in this case, do I still need to apply and pay any license fee to NI?

I see there are so many other developers are selling good libraries which are only working for a full licensed kontakt, I assume this is the easiest way to do it ?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

You are correct. You don't need to pay any fee to NI for that.

I'm not sure if they allow you to use the factory scripts in commercial releases, though. Maybe they do, but it would be worth checking.

There are plenty of commercial products out there using factory scripts in some form or another. If NI didn't want people to use them, they would lock them down.

Haha, so is THIS the thread where that mythical $5000 number originated from?

Many thanks for the reply, it is good to hear that. Seems like the full licensed kontakt software is getting more popular as there are so many 3rd party libraries requiring a full knotakt to run in 2014. ( just my observasion.)

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”