What are your current 3 favorite component modeled VA synthesizers?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sylenth1
Tal u-no-lx
Vacuum Pro

Sylenth is not an analogue modeled synth... It is a digital synth that specializes in the supersaw which is a digital sound.

charlatan

synth1

obxd
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

I thought synth1 was based on a nord lead ...which is a digital va... ?

KORG Mono/Poly
TAL Bassline 101
TAL U-NO-LX 2

Saurus, Diva and all Xils Lab synths (especially Syn'X, formerly called Synthix when it was released).

Best freeware analog modeled synth is OBXD for me.
Last edited by Ingonator on Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Well, I never cared much about "analog" anyway so my favorites are more analog digital hybrids.
PPG Wave V3
Imposcar2
and if they would have a better copy protection I would also buy Xils PolyKB II that would be my third choice. But so far I'm also quite happy with the player version when I want some analog sounds.
No signature here!

Diva and Synth Squad are definitely from my favourites but I don't have them!

It is really difficult to choose only 3 (from my modest collection), so I will put them in three degrees of how I favour them ;)

1. It must be Retrologue. This is the perfect synth for me. I feel like I own a Roland Jupiter (or in the same level).

2. Korg Mono/poly, MS-20 and Polysix. I just love the sound of them. So musical and inspiring sounds.

3. Monark, SEM V and Xils 3 Le. Those have very different characters of course, from the agressive Monark to the very organic Xils, while SEM V has a balanced sound (Something like Retrologue, but still different).

I also like Subtractor and Thor in Reason. They are very usable and can do great bread and butter sounds. Thor is of course more capable than that. What I really like is how creative I can be with wiring cables among synths, utilities and effects.

Sometimes I use FM8 or Massive for a simple analog sound! So some "digital" synths can do analog to some degree and it would sound good in the mix, but still it is easier to program a Subtractive synth for a cliche analog sound.

As I'm freeware only:

- SQ8L: the modeling of the analog curtis filters is stunning and incredibly close to the real thing.

- OBXD: I don't think it is an exact emu, but the character is absolutely there.

- PG-8X: also pretty close to the real thing.

:D
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

Poly-Ana
ImpOSCar
XILS-3

Diva, SynthSquad, Monark.

Sorry, it has to be 4. I can't leave one of these out.

Diva, Ace, Synth Squad, and Poly Ana.

Diva, Monark, BassLine-101 & U-No-LX.

Yes, it's not 3, but 4. They are all great, but I think that BassLine-101 is actually the closest and probably the most accurate of all.
You are currently reading my signature.

MinimoogV Original, Analog, PSYN II and Square I.

I use TAL Bassline 101 for most softsynth jobs

I'm a fan of Diva, but don't own it.

Monark strikes me as good, but I don't get on with it for some reason. Not a big fan of the Reaktor interface and patch organisation

Return to “Instruments”