Feedback for Discovery Pro 64-bit AAX

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

We are working on AAX support for Discovery Pro and I'd like to get some feedback. If you want to help, then download and install Discovery Pro demo first from http://www.discodsp.com/discoverypro/

Edit: Looks like there are issues with PACE digital signature, so files will be available after we solved them.

Thanks.
Last edited by discoDSP on Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Looks like there are not many ProTools users around here :)

George wrote:Looks like there are not many ProTools users around here :)
Got Pro Tools 11 (at Windows 7 64-bit) here, used it a lot during the beta tests (+ bug fixes) for the current Waldorf plugin updates.

I do not own one of your synths yet but will have a look at the demo ASAP. :)
Last edited by Ingonator on Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Thanks ingonator :) Very much appreciated!

George wrote:Thanks ingonator :) Very much appreciated!
No problem. :)

i had "recruited" new testers for Waldorf here at KVR (as the new official "Waldorf Beta forum manager") and it indeed was very difficult to find testers that own a full version of Pro Tools.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Yeah, from my experience it was really difficult to find out people to test RTAS on the past too, but I think it's a niche worth supporting, like Linux.

Hi,

just did some first tests in Pro Tools 11.2.1 at Windows 7 64-bit.

First i had installed the demo version (i do not own the full one) to my own Vstplugins folder (at C:\VSTPLUGINS) and copied the Aaxplugin file to the default location for the 64-bit AAX plugins.
This way Pro Tools 11 started bit did not detect and/or show the plugin.

Then i used the default location for the Demo installer and Pro Tools 11.2.1 seems to hang and crah at startup.
That default folder BTW is in the Program Files folder for the 32-bit software ("Program Files(x86)").

One strange thing about the *.AAXplugin file:
For almost any AAX plugin this actually is a folder that includes sub-folder like e.g. Contents etc. and other files. Usually it is also not necessary to also install the VST2 plugin at another location.

UPDATE:
The crash was actually so "hard" that i had to power-cycle the PC to use it again. Usually clsing from teh task manager was enough when there was a problem with Pro Tools.
After restart Pro Tools 11 starts again but the plugin is still not detected/working there.

Best wishes,
Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Thanks, I will recompile tomorrow and provide a new build using the same AAX download location.

We have issues with PACE digital signature. I will update this thread once they are solved.

Return to “Instruments”