Shattered Glass Audio releases SGA1566 - free, circuit simulation powered preamp plug-in

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SGA1566 SGA1566 MkII

It's OK for me. I don't think you should match examples of original tone of electric guitar and reamped signal to show what it does. :)
Also, it gives you an idea of distortion amount applied and of reasonable source levels (this thing really deserves mention when it comes to processing something with deep dynamic range).
https://soundcloud.com/vospi
I love music, worked with a number of music/rhythm/dance games like Pump It Up, In The Groove, Cytus and Deemo, and teach music production.

frankz00 wrote:Reaper 64-bit version, 64-bit dll Reaper hangs when it detects SGA1566 and says “Plug-in ‘SGA1566.dll’ executed invalid operation during scanning Note: if REAPER crashes as a result of this, simply run it again and it will continue on the next plug-in.”

Sony Vegas 64-bit version gives a similar message and fails likewise.

I’m on a Core i5 Windows 7
It looks like the solution to your woes lies in the windows update. Here is why.
We have installed Win 7 SP1 64bit in a virtual machine. We have also downloaded and installed the latest 64-bit version of Reaper (v4.731/x64), lmms (for sanity check), and SGA1566 v1.0.6 from our website. Both Reaper and LMMS didn't like SGA1566 (i.e. Reaper reported that "Plug-in ‘SGA1566.dll’ executed invalid operation during scanning...", and LMMS reported something similar to that).
Then we have installed all "Important" windows updates; 161 of them in total. With installed windows updates Reaper was loading SGA1566 without a problem. Which one of the 161 updates made SGA1566 work is a mystery.

Finally a dev who is not afraid of high CPU to try and achieve high quality!

I'm so over quantity at this point. Quality over quantity these days. I will try this soon.

Thanks

One thing this plugin lacks is a fine control of input gain. It seems to work like a detented knob. It's not a bad thing but it's a little more difficult to use that way.

This thing sounds killer, definitely could use a wet/dry though.

hi SGA

My problems solved.
Thanks for your info about dependency walker.

I'm not a pro but this one sound :tu: :tu: :clap: :clap: very good to my ears.

sorry my bad english
CoMmErCiAlStUfFkIlLmYsOuNd

metamorphosis wrote:Examples on website need to be rms-volume matched. Otherwise it's not a fair comparison from a psychoacoustic perspective.
+1

EDIT : Wrong observation
Last edited by Tp3 on Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Tp3 wrote: default more sounds like entirely different plug (I'm being gentle here)
That's odd because we didn't change the Low CPU computations at all.

HQ sounds gooe. CPU is fine for this plug.

Thank you!

SGA wrote:
Tp3 wrote: default more sounds like entirely different plug (I'm being gentle here)
That's odd because we didn't change the Low CPU computations at all.
I'm sorry, I don't know how and why, but on Cantabile... sound HAD changed upon switching. but not any more <scratches head>
It must have been problematic interaction.

I'll keep you posted (in private) if another problem arises.
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Is the new commercial MKII demo really fully functional?

What are the new 'major enhancements'

I went ahead and bought it anyway being a No Brainer price, was just wondering.

I really like the free one, is great for adding that analog vibe and beefing up the low end
Amazon: why not use an alternative

The free version is the demo because the core functions are the same.
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Extremely good for tearing up (dnb) reeses with.

Reminds me of FerricTDS in some ways.

This is so good. Gonna feature it on my blog!

Return to “Effects”