New T-racks API Eqs !

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jrides wrote:Kinda digging the aaggressive nature of the 560. The mid bump seems to be a bit more pronounced. Anyone else feeling this one? Gonna play with it some more shortly.
Yeah, I think the 560 is my favorite of these APIs. Really like it on electric guitars. And it's nice having the GUI horizontal rather than vertical -- makes it easier to use, I'd say.

It's cool that IK's API EQs seem to have a very different character from their Neve models. Would be kind of useless to have multiple EQ plugins that all sound the same. :tu:

Cheers,
Eddie
The future exists in all directions.

edit, I already said that.......sorry

I purchased the other two as well. I really like them so far....
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Robmobius wrote:I purchased the other two as well. I really like them so far....
I'm glad to see people are liking the new (and other) T-RackS gear. I know we have some good stuff coming, I just don't yet know which is going to be next in line so I can't even properly drop a hint yet. It all seems quite good to me, whichever is out. Anyway, thanks for picking these up and enjoying them.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Robmobius wrote:I purchased the other two as well. I really like them so far....
I'm glad to see people are liking the new (and other) T-RackS gear. I know we have some good stuff coming, I just don't yet know which is going to be next in line so I can't even properly drop a hint yet. It all seems quite good to me, whichever is out. Anyway, thanks for picking these up and enjoying them.
Is there any possibility that one of them might be a Distressor being that it's probably the most widely requested and no one else has emulated it yet?

Looks like they changed the name and look of these eqs.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/treqpa/

API has trademarked the look of their knobs. I'm guessing IK was politely asked to change the look and decided to be friendly and comply.

That kinda sucks. I understand why and all that, but it's kinda a bummer.

YEARS and years ago, URS had to do the same thing.

Yeah I was just going to ask about that.... at least people already know what they're supposed to be...

I dunno, I'm not too bothered by the change... might actually like 'em better.

Kind of a premium DIY hardware clone look, like if you bought the "good" knobs (Sifam, etc.) for your project instead of the cheap Radio Shack ones (not saying API knobs look cheap at all... quite the opposite, but they always scream API).

Now, hows about a sale or discount bundle of all three to celebrate?

Come on... you know you want to!
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

This "knobs copyright" thing is idiot IMHO.

But the new look is great, and the sound stays the same. So no big deal.

But that dinasaur lives to see another day :D

blueman wrote:But that dinasaur lives to see another day :D
Rrrrrrrrrrr :hihi: !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pgkP2Vb9XM

kj.metissage wrote:This "knobs copyright" thing is idiot IMHO.

But the new look is great, and the sound stays the same. So no big deal.
And yet BT was able to copyright his stutter technique. Patents and copyrights make no sense sometimes.

I've never seen why other knobs that look anything like API knobs. They're very distinct. I have no problem with them trademarking and protecting that look, just like Nike would their iconic Swoosh logo. I honestly think IK should have known better. API is well known for protecting the look of their knobs.

Return to “Effects”