MuLab/MUX: Add MIDI learn and MIDI unlearn (FR)

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MIDI controller assignements would be easier in most cases with MIDI learn and MIDI unlearn like most modern 3rd party VST plugins has it.

MIDI learn:
right click on a controller element and select MIDI learn, then move knob, slider or button on MIDI controller

MID unlearn:
right click on a controller element and select MIDI unlearn

actual state:
MuLab/MUX (MIDI learn):
right click on a controller element and select Map MIDI controller, then move knob, slider or button on MIDI controller and click OK.

MuLab/MUX (MIDI unlearn):
right click on a controller element and select Map MIDI controller, change Source to None and click OK.

So if i understand you well MIDI Learn is ok now, but you would want it to be named "MIDI Learn" instead of "MIDI Map", right? (i don't see any differences in your descriptions about MIDI Learn/Map)

I've taken note about a more immediate MIDI Unmap function.

There's the extra "OK" step on assigning the controller, too. Some VSTs don't need this, they assume you hit the right control first time.

If you can assign more than one MIDI controller to a control and adjust how they affect the control, then being able to "Map MIDI Controllers" in some kind of control panel makes sense. (Kontakt has something like this.)

pljones wrote:There's the extra "OK" step on assigning the controller, too. Some VSTs don't need this, they assume you hit the right control first time.
Oh, ok i see. That dialog also allows setting a parameter range etc. I'll keep the dialog + ok button there.
If you can assign more than one MIDI controller to a control and adjust how they affect the control, then being able to "Map MIDI Controllers" in some kind of control panel makes sense. (Kontakt has something like this.)
That's what the module's Edit MIDI Controller Map is for.

mutools wrote:That dialog also allows setting a parameter range etc.
And that, too. Yes, if it's not a straight "just assign, no other function", it needs to have the editing pop-up and OK button. (Personally, I'd like the target control to "own" it's assigned MIDI controllers and display them all when you do "assign MIDI controller", so you can see what else affects the control. But that's another FR altogether.)

mutools wrote:So if i understand you well MIDI Learn is ok now, but you would want it to be named "MIDI Learn" instead of "MIDI Map", right? (i don't see any differences in your descriptions about MIDI Learn/Map)

I've taken note about a more immediate MIDI Unmap function.
MIDI map controller is ok, if you want to change also any parameters, or for 3rd party VST plugins without MIDI map function.

MIDI learn/unlearn should be for fast and easy direct MIDI controller assignements without dialog and additional OK button

The parameters are saved in the properties of the Mulab session.

Would it be possible to save them independently of the session? For example a button "Save" which saves the MIDI map of this instrument in an XML file so that we could use these parameters for this instrument whatever the session.

Extra: It could also allow to save several different map files for an instrument... so that we can choose among them for what we want to do with that instrument (if it has much more knobs than the MIDI controller).

Possible?
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Return to “MUTOOLS”