LV-426 - ElectroProg (Seismic Corrosion)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Allomerus wrote:Enjoying this Tim. I love the glitchy (squelchy) lead. Goes really well with the choir.
The whole thing sounds like someone strutting happily through sticky mud in a 1950s SciFi movie, something is about to happen! Well done Tim! :)
Thanks very much for listening and for the comments, John. Glad you liked it :)

I know what you mean about "squelchy". I saw one of those films last night, but it was only made 8 years ago.

Well, that is certainly an over the top acid sound. You can't ignore it and with the constant octave jumping, it never settles down and becomes hypnotic. Not my kind of thing so I'll have to pop a couple of Prilosecs and soldier through this somehow.

Fortunately, all the other parts are great. The choirs are deluxe and help counteract acid reflux. Appealing solid drums. Yep, this is grooving. Uncontrollable foot tapping has set in. Some nice bits of melodic synth work.

The mix is great. Nice job. :tu:

Frantz wrote:Well, that is certainly an over the top acid sound. You can't ignore it and with the constant octave jumping, it never settles down and becomes hypnotic. Not my kind of thing so I'll have to pop a couple of Prilosecs and soldier through this somehow.

Fortunately, all the other parts are great. The choirs are deluxe and help counteract acid reflux. Appealing solid drums. Yep, this is grooving. Uncontrollable foot tapping has set in. Some nice bits of melodic synth work.

The mix is great. Nice job. :tu:
Thanks very much for listening and commenting, Frantz :)

Yeah, that "acid" sound can be quite abrasive. When I started this track, my first thought was to counteract that with softer sounds (hence the choir and the lead synth), I thought about lowering the volume of the lead synth in the mix, but when I found the second "acid" sound, I decided to move things the other way. The choir layering was fun.

no acid expert here, but i quite enjoyed this Tim… thought some of the grooves were excellent the way different elements syncopated off each other. thumbs up buddy! :tu:
Image Image

polyslax wrote:no acid expert here, but i quite enjoyed this Tim… thought some of the grooves were excellent the way different elements syncopated off each other. thumbs up buddy! :tu:
Neither am I, but I enjoyed putting it together. There are quite a few different percussion elements - 3 EnergyXT kits and Microtonic. The synths seemed to bounce off them quite nicely.

Thanks very much for listening and commenting, Matt :)

Return to “Music Cafe”