Waves V-Series for 99$ Sale...worth getting?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

itneveris wrote:
WHAT?! Where did he say this? Was he talking about the V-Comp specifically, cause if he was, he's full of shit.

The thing imparts a very strange mid-rangey, metalic noise. I do not believe a man as famous as he for his ears would put this thing on a mixbuss. Maybe another 2254 emulation, but V-Comp is garbage. My most expensive piece of shit plugin.
If I remember correctly, it was in an interview about technology advancement. He was specifically talking about the Waves 2254.
And I got another one for ya. He also said that he uses the Puigchild much more than his original Fairchild compressor.
Keep in mind that he gets paid by Waves for doing some stuff for them, so take it with a pinch of salt. Would be
strange, if he then would praise a Plugin Alliance compressor for example. But I believe his name is important
enough to him, so that what he said is not complete BS.

They are very lite on CPU.

Over Half the Gold plugs are from the 1990s. You're probably better off with your DAW's stock plugins.
This really couldnt be any further off.
absolutely not .. sorry to be blunt but the EQ's are harsh and the compressor/limiter is just ok.
I dont think thats the case
Last edited by Ultrasonic on Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
There ya have it...

electro wrote:MaxxBass may be the only first generation Waves plugin that is still relevant in 2014. Does anyone know if the 1990s Waves plugs are still using fixed point arithmetic?
Gold Bundle has plenty of usable plugins that are very relevant to this day. Most of the plugins in the bundle get regular everyday use here.
Some older plugins that are very relevant even today:
C1 Compressor/limiter/expander
SuperTap
MaxxBass
RenBass
Metaflanger - the smoothest flanger out there
Engima - a very underrated high quality chorusing/phasing effect that actually does not have alternative
Doubler
S1
Renaissance Equalizer
Renaissance Compressor
MondoMod
No signature here!

Return to “Effects”