Zebra 2 is amazing!

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ACE (Any Cable Everywhere) Diva Triple Cheese Zebra

Oh yeah...

I fired up Omnisphere for the first time last night, since I bought Zebra 2 a couple of months ago. It's nice.

Not $500 nice. [Even Eric Persing admits, somewhere that I read, that he "overpriced" it].

Check out Zebra 2. At first glance, it sounds great! :tu:

But it doesn't look $200 nice. :roll:

Play around with it for awhile. Dig. Deep. Discover it's secrets.

And you discover that it's still not $200 nice. :o :?:

It's much MUCH more than $200 nice! :party: :clap: :love:

*Shhhhhhhh!!* :wink:

Zebra2 is like having a bunch of synthesizers in one.
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote:Zebra2 is like having a bunch of synthesizers in one.
:tu: yeah, you can emulate different behaviors and basically create your own :D

bftucker wrote:Zebra 2 remains my favorite vst synth, though Diva, Ace, and now Bazille are all great. I can't imagine anything better...except Zebra 3
Every time something new comes out from U-He I get really upset, no matter how good it is... Because it pushes back potential release date of Zebra 3

sempondr wrote:
bftucker wrote:Zebra 2 remains my favorite vst synth, though Diva, Ace, and now Bazille are all great. I can't imagine anything better...except Zebra 3
Every time something new comes out from U-He I get really upset, no matter how good it is... Because it pushes back potential release date of Zebra 3
actually i'm starting to feel the same way :lol:

Honestly i kind of wish they just put all their smaller products into one big ass "reaktor style" environment and call it .. i dunno something huge.

For instance i envisioned it having modules from Diva, Zebra, Hive, Ace, Bazille, Uhbiks,Satin, MFM and Filterscape and use a zebra style "wireless approach"

This could easily sell for $500 *Which would be a bargain IMO* and people would still buy it.

I imagine U-he probably could do that, because i recall Urs mention something about their plugins using a framework or something. However i also imagine that creating such a thing would bring most peoples computers to their knees.
:borg:

sempondr wrote:
Everything needs its own time.

The reason we posted about Zebra3 was a bit of a paradox. We had some meetings to figure out what Zebra3 would be about. What can we learn from Omnisphere and other examples that were set in the meantime. It was like a strategical plan for what the future of u-he would be like. However, we were quite excited and there were some promising experiments and somehow (my bad…) word got out that we were working on this. And then it hit us that we would need quite a lot of time, and people would hold off on Zebra2 now, but we would still need to sell some Zebras to be able to achieve this and "really, we need a clever strategy!" So we came up with a devilish plan to tell everyone that buying Zebra2 is a good idea while waiting for Zebra3 isn't. So paradoxically, we posted about Zebra3 in order to preserve confidence in Zebra2. I think it panned out. Naturally, The Dark Zebra played a role in this.

Unfortunately then came all the hassle with all the platform issues that's cursed us for the better part of two years. Now we're pretty good, even though VST3 stilll needs a rewrite and RE is in the parking lot. But AU, VST2 and AAX are rock solid again. Hence we're pushing all the things out which should've happened a year ago or earlier. To make space for some really cool shit, including - but not limited to - Zebra3.

We have got to do this now. Bazille was a long overdue, it just needed to be polished. Presswerk had no influence on Z3's delay, and while Hive might set us back a bit, the extreme CPU optimisation both in super saws and filters will be welcomed in Z3. With this modern code we can probably achieve a huge speed gain in Zebra's oscillators. Because, historically, they were optimised for PowerPC and then ported to Intel. It'll be a full rewrite and Zebra3 will have it.

That said, cant wait for Z3, and Interstellar :clown:

- Urs

Urs wrote: and Interstellar :clown:
Now you're just being cruel :D
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

Well, I'm glad you've done Zebra 2 (and other offerings) for the Mac platform - and originally.

I have an iMac and Logic too, but I don't use them much. I also have some VST's and DAWs for my iPad, and I wirelessly network my iPad to my rig to use the Omnisphere TR module (which is pretty cool with the "Orb" stuff - to 'spin' with all kinds of kinetic/inertial transformations).

That said, the shear beauty of the u-he oscillator and filter options (among others, across different product offerings) are absolutely the best crafted and finest things I've ever seen/heard! :tu:

And to think I used to drool over a CS-80, Prophet 5/10 and such, and wonder if I'd ever be able to afford them...And now I have so much, much more!! 8)

Thanks, team!! :hug: :tu:

removed

bftucker wrote:Zebra 2 remains my favorite vst synth, though Diva, Ace, and now Bazille are all great. I can't imagine anything better...except Zebra III. (I am certain it will deserve the extra stripe)

:tu:
and Urs, dont forget zebrify with the new version! i actually have more instances of that than i do the synth

Urs wrote:and Interstellar :clown:
Waaaait a second...

medienhexer wrote:
Maybe it's about this one? ;)
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

#rob wrote:
medienhexer wrote:
Maybe it's about this one? ;)
Matthew McConaughey and Anne Hathaway? Is this going to be a space themed romatic comedy?

"I've been using Zebra long before I got payed to use Zebra.........I just like the way it feels.."

;)

Excuse me... who got paid to use Zebra?

Return to “u-he”