MuLab 6.0.35 released

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

nasenbluten wrote: Another thing which is related: when I preview audio files from the browser, most of my clicks are considered as drags (cursor turns into square), which is a bit annoying because the file is not played.
There is a Drag Double-Click Detector preference, which you could change. Mine is currently at 8.

nasenbluten wrote:Is it normal that you cannot delete audio files from the browser, if the files are in RAM? (the deleted file will re-appear next time you open the folder). It's a bit annoying to have to purge RAM each time you want to delete samples.
I'm not sure if i understand the situation. Please elaborate in more detail. Thx. Note however that i myself will be mostly offline for about 2 weeks. Talk soon then.

AndreasD wrote:
nasenbluten wrote: Another thing which is related: when I preview audio files from the browser, most of my clicks are considered as drags (cursor turns into square), which is a bit annoying because the file is not played.
There is a Drag Double-Click Detector preference, which you could change. Mine is currently at 8.
yes I know, but it doesn't change nothing for me.

mutools wrote:
nasenbluten wrote:Is it normal that you cannot delete audio files from the browser, if the files are in RAM? (the deleted file will re-appear next time you open the folder). It's a bit annoying to have to purge RAM each time you want to delete samples.
I'm not sure if i understand the situation. Please elaborate in more detail. Thx. Note however that i myself will be mostly offline for about 2 weeks. Talk soon then.
1. Drag an audio file from the browser into arrangement, then immediately delete it from arrangement. (This will load it into RAM)
2. Right click on the audio file (in the browser), then choose delete. The file disappears from the browser.
3. Close folder, then re open it. The file is again there.
4. Go to "manage audio/sample files", choose to delete unused objects in RAM.
5. Repeat step 2.
6. Repeat step 3. The file does not reappear, it is deleted.

That's what happens for me..

For some reason, I am getting the feeling that a new update is just around the corner. Is my gut correct, or do I just have gas? :D
What is the structural integrity of a compound when it is broken down to its wave form?

The same as everything else that surrounds it.

https://soundcloud.com/zendrix

Yes, we are close to the 30th page of the thread... and 30 pages of thread between two Mulab releases, it's too long.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

LunaTech wrote:For some reason, I am getting the feeling that a new update is just around the corner. Is my gut correct, or do I just have gas? :D
Indeed a new version is in the pipeline. Will be surely be released this year. No further details atm, sorry. Stay tuned !

BlackWinny wrote:Yes, we are close to the 30th page of the thread... and 30 pages of thread between two Mulab releases, it's too long.Image
Lets first go to page 30 then ;) Tips: Post links to music made with MuLab & MUX Vst. When we're at page 30 (or so) the new version will be ready i think :)

EDIT: Nevermind this post, problem solved.

Problem with automation curves: there's a difference between the displayed curve you draw in the editor and the audio output. Here's a screenshot:
I used automation on MuSynth Osc volume. Bounced files at the bottom. You can see that in order to have a straight fade-in you have to draw a curve. Also happens with multi-point envelope. I used "export composition as audio".
Another thing: you can see there's a small "burst" at the beginning of the rendered file. I think it's related to the audio buffer size. (bigger buffer makes longer burst).

M6.0.35
win7 x64
Last edited by nasenbluten on Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

The burst is most likely due to the value of the curve not resetting. Because Mulab has a linear time line that updates while playing, it will always have that click unless you automate the value to "0" BEFORE the actual clip starts. Many DAWs have this issue and it just takes getting used to
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

dakkra wrote:The burst is most likely due to the value of the curve not resetting. Because Mulab has a linear time line that updates while playing, it will always have that click unless you automate the value to "0" BEFORE the actual clip starts. Many DAWs have this issue and it just takes getting used to
OK now I understand. Thanks

But you seem to be right about the shape of the second curve...
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

We'd need a picture of the raw wave. It could be accurate. The straight fade is a slower introduction than the curved fade at the beginning and the screenshot shows exactly that. Similarly, the curved fade slows towards the end, unlike the straight fade, again like the screenshot.

It's definitely a matter of different "scales". The vol knob (and hence it's displayed automation curve) works logarithmic, the wave's amplitude will be displayed linear. So a certain twitch at the lower end of the vol knob will give a less effect in the (linear) displayed wave than at the uper end of the vol knob. It's not a bug.
JR
         _/_/       _/_/_/
    _/_/_/_/_/_/_/
FEMALE VOICE MuX demo :phones: more by SUNFLOWER LAP ORCHESTRA

Reincke wrote:It's definitely a matter of different "scales". The vol knob (and hence it's displayed automation curve) works logarithmic, the wave's amplitude will be displayed linear. So a certain twitch at the lower end of the vol knob will give a less effect in the (linear) displayed wave than at the uper end of the vol knob. It's not a bug.
JR
Now that's totally clear! Thanks!

Return to “MUTOOLS”