Zebra 2 is amazing!

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ACE (Any Cable Everywhere) Diva Triple Cheese Zebra

DynaMoHum wrote:.............

Not $500 nice. [Even Eric Persing admits, somewhere that I read, that he "overpriced" it].
I am willing to wager that never happened.
rsp
sound sculptist

Fair 'nuff.

Sometimes when we read/hear something, we interpret it differently. Where I read what I 'interpreted' was....here, on this site, strangely:

http://www.kvraudio.com/interviews/eric ... view-16992

Verbatim, toward the end of the article:

"... At $500, in today's world, we're at the high end of the scale. We're working really hard to remain that way. We want people to feel that this is a great value and you would be crazy not to get it. And it's a price that, for a lot of hobbyists, is a stretch. We've got to give them a lot of reasons to make that commitment. And if you're a pro that used to pay thousands of dollars for every piece of gear in your studio, it's like 'Of course!'."

I suppose you can understand how I may have interpreted it as such?

DynaMoHum wrote:Fair 'nuff.

Sometimes when we read/hear something, we interpret it differently. Where I read what I 'interpreted' was....here, on this site, strangely:

http://www.kvraudio.com/interviews/eric ... view-16992

Verbatim, toward the end of the article:

"... At $500, in today's world, we're at the high end of the scale. We're working really hard to remain that way. We want people to feel that this is a great value and you would be crazy not to get it. And it's a price that, for a lot of hobbyists, is a stretch. We've got to give them a lot of reasons to make that commitment. And if you're a pro that used to pay thousands of dollars for every piece of gear in your studio, it's like 'Of course!'."

And, I love Omnisphere. Yet, there have been no updates - several years - since the Bob Moog Tribute library (which I also own and gladly paid $100 for, to contribute to the Bob Moog Foundation for the Bob Moog Museum). I don't really figure that's "working really hard to remain that way...", IMO. That's not a 'slam' by the way. It's just an acknowledgment that Urs and team work harder, for better products - also, IMO.

DynaMoHum wrote:............
Not really, but big kudos for correcting it.
I happen to love both products and use them extensively (actually more often zebra2 than omnisphere), and I feel passionately about both products and company.

thanks for correcting.

rsp
sound sculptist

Absolutely!

One of my favorite quotes is: "I don't care who's right or wrong - I care about what's right or wrong!"

And I love both products, also. I own a LOT of Roland gear, and we can all thank Eric for being behind it!

Howard wrote:Excuse me... who got paid to use Zebra?
You? Making presets and what not... :)

Howard wrote:Excuse me... who got paid to use Zebra?

It was a reference to last weeks South Park episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQvgyt8fjBE

;)

How much Zebra can i hear in the movie?

Matt van k wrote:How much Zebra can i hear in the movie?

Most of the Foley sounds.

Return to “u-he”