Wolfgang Palm WaveMapper 2 is out for PC and MAC

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PPG WaveMapper 2 For Mac And PC

having watched the video I think that's my christmas sorted out ..I'll get the bundle and then put it on ice until Christmas.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

Genetic_Junk wrote:At the current price, the differences from WaveGenerator are not sufficient to warrant the price (for me). If the price doesn't come down, I don't plan on buying it. Plus, it just doesn't feel right that new customers can receive a bundle discount and a similar deal is not available for existing customers.
+1..

It is also quite sure that people who really like the synths of both PPG and Waldorf will get their products regardless of stuff like e.g. which copy protection is used or what the license transfer policy is.
This might be the case for some but I doubt it's the universal. For example I do like Waldorf very much and want to support them so I'm willing to make an exemption for them when it comes to CP. Well, that is, so far I've done so. But I'm not going to buy any of their new synts anymore if they keep going the same path. As Wolfgang Palm is concerned, no way I'm going to buy synths from two man company with C/R copy protection in this day and age where the examples that this will ultimately screws over the paying customers are plenty.

The fact is that I already have too many synths to the extent that even if I'm not going to buy another one I'm still covered till the end of my life. So anything additional really has to impress me and in addition has to have an acceptable CP. A sh1t CP scheme is all that it takes to pass on a synth for me these days.
No signature here!

FWIW i would be careful with final conclusions until the demo version is out which should be next week.
The concept of the Sound Map and the TCS is maybe not so easy to fully understand until you checked it yourself.

Concerning the copy protection of Wavemapper 2 this is actually very simple to use. At the installation you will asked to enter your activation code like in this screenshot (i exchanged my own code with XXX...):

After you entered the code you click on the Validate buttton to start the Online validation (intenet connection needed) and if the code is OK you could proceed with the installation (the "Install" button will become available).
If you re-install the software (e.g. for an update) the code will already appear automatically so you only have to click at the Validate button again to continue the installation.

The code is the one you should get at purchase, it's not generated after sending a challenge code like in some other plugins.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:If you re-install the software (e.g. for an update) the code will already appear automatically so you only have to click at the Validate button again to continue the installation.

The code is the one you should get at purchase, it's not generated after sending a challenge code like in some other plugins.
What if you have to install it on a new PC?

firepile wrote:
Ingonator wrote:If you re-install the software (e.g. for an update) the code will already appear automatically so you only have to click at the Validate button again to continue the installation.

Do you mean on a new PC or a second one? That's a difference...
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:
firepile wrote:

Do you mean on a new PC or a second one? That's a difference...
I mean if you replace the old PC. Or what happens if you have to reinstall Windows and all programs? Do you have to "beg" for a new activation?

firepile wrote: I mean if you replace the old PC. Or what happens if you have to reinstall Windows and all programs? Do you have to "beg" for a new activation?
Using the license on a new PC (that replaces the old one) of course is the same as using the license on a second PC (for which you need a second authorization code) while with reinstalling Windows you stay at the same PC which should not be a problem.
Of course if you encounter problems or need additional acivations you could always contact the PPG support.

UPDATE:
Details about getting replacement codes and/or using Wavemapper 2 at multiple computers are also found here:
http://wolfgangpalm.com/new-products/pp ... n-support/

This is a comparable page concerning Wavegenerator (for those interested in the bundle):
http://wolfgangpalm.com/new-products/wa ... n-support/
Ingo Weidner

I personally won't mind with the CP stuff as long as I can flip it to another PC if I change platform (can anyone confirm this will be possible?)

Secondly, Wolfgang seems like a real decent person I doubt there would be any issues in the very long term - worse case he will make the software free just like he did with Plex or some other solution.

yul wrote:I personally won't mind with the CP stuff as long as I can flip it to another PC if I change platform (can anyone confirm this will be possible?)
You could check what i just posted above, including the text at the links.
yul wrote: Secondly, Wolfgang seems like a real decent person I doubt there would be any issues in the very long term - worse case he will make the software free just like he did with Plex or some other solution.
Indeed, i agree to that. :)
Ingo Weidner

Dunc wrote:@ Ingonator

Thanks for getting in touch with Mr Palm.
I did think the value 23.2 was BPM related, but was not entirely sure, so thanks for clearing that up.

I hope he can give us an update with a slower BPM figure, something like 4 would be better.

I have been using the envelopes with loops to do just as you outlined in the absence of a slow LFO.

Thanks for your info.
There is a new update where the LFO seems to be able to bo down to a speed of 2.9 BPM. The customers should have received the update.
Ingo Weidner

Downloading now - pretty slow, but I'll get it eventually.

My thanks to you Ingonator for having the ear of Mr Palm and for Mr Palm in implementing a slower LFO so quickly (is that a paradox ? 8) )

Dunc wrote:Downloading now - pretty slow, but I'll get it eventually.

My thanks to you Ingonator for having the ear of Mr Palm and for Mr Palm in implementing a slower LFO so quickly (is that a paradox ? 8) )
You're welcome. :hug:

Mr. Palm is quite fast indeed which also depends on how simple it is to implement a certain feature.
Ingo Weidner

i bought it the first day and must say its a great synth.
and the analyser which i use often works better than the others from Serum and Codex.
Owner of the FB site of Audioterm

Wavemapper2 Analyzer Turorial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN6u5k9FxRk
Owner of the FB site of Audioterm

Return to “Instruments”