Ozone 6 Announced!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Ozone 8 Standard

jantex wrote:I believe regular version 6 might be maybe, only maybe worth the upgrade, because it receives some features that the Advanced version had in 5, despite also loosing some of them. 6 Advanced on the other hand only lacks things compared to 5 Advanced :)

Really don't know what iZotope were thinking with this update...to make product more Garage band like...good looking and basic :D

As long as the version 5 still works I am relieved, but once it won't work anymore on forthcomming OSXes, I will be really sad. Therefore I want iZotope to improve this awful 6 Advanced or at least restore 5s features and give it a cosmetic lift :)

I think that will take a while until v5 stops working
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

I hope this as well :)

deft_bonz wrote:I wonder why they ditched the reverb. Plans on selling it separately? Normal and Advanced version reverb, where the Advance features a all new redesigne mix knob and the normal version is always 100% wet? :D
Perhaps it will be added to Alloy and this is a way to differentiate products.

Somebody listed the "missing" items above. I'm also not seeing a LUFS metering option, nor presets per module. Anybody? Or are these missing as well?

On the whole, it does seem to have more sonic fidelity than v5, at the trade-off of more CPU. Seems like a fair trade.

Phase47 wrote:
deft_bonz wrote:Iit does seem to have more sonic fidelity than v5, at the trade-off of more CPU. Seems like a fair trade.
No, existing modules are the same and they sound the same as well. EQ has been given additional baxandall shelves, other than this they sound the same, just psychoacoustics because of a new revamped GUI :)

kylen wrote:Hmmm...I skipped the RX4 upgrade too...wonder what's going on at izotope.
That's gonna be my position, I don't get what they are doing with these new releases, way too expensive & very questionable choices on functionality "improvements"

Twrogstudio wrote:Looking forward to iZotopes response to all this :!:
You're mighty optimistic in thinking that they're actually going to address concerns.

-Sam

I know, but it would be nice to understand their reasoning.

Their reps had participated in forums during Ozone 5 release, but I have not seen them participate or respond anything on forums since then. Weird release cycle w RX as well.

Hmmm I am going to download the trial version and give it a test, no way am I paying £250 to upgrade my copy of O5Adv unless it literally jumps out and does something amazing that I can't already do.

From what I have seen though, I really like the User Interface, could someone not just make a new O5 UI and mod existing software to look similar? I don't mean piracy by the way, just a gui mod to look similar.

Mind you, £250 for a GUI update and a loss of functionality, its hard not to perceive that as piracy also!!! Haha.

I just bought the "upgrade" from Ozone 5 to 6. I really should have checked it out first. I missed the part about the dynamic EQ only being included in advanced. My mistake. So far, I can find no provision for storing presets for the individual processors, only global presets. Likewise, it seems as though there are far fewer factory presets than 5. I could be wrong. The installer installs all of the advanced stuff such as individual modules (trial versions) as well, and you have to remove them manually to keep them from appearing on your list of available inserts (kinda like IK Multimedia does). This is totally classless imo.

I made a mistake, but at least it was only a $99 mistake. Thank god Ozone 5 co-exists peacefully on my machine. I'll be using 5 I guess.

:roll:
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

Happy O5 Advanced user (advanced version, not advanced user :wink: ). Truly disappointing update - I must say this is the first time they've ever disappointed me with a new version - I've been in since Ozone 1!

I will say that I'm a big fan of Ozone 5. I love it. I agree, It's not like Izotope to release a downgrade for money. Then again, if they get it right on v7, I'll probably buy it.

I'm still happy with Ozone4. ;)

Did anyone mention that the vectorscope no longer has the "cloud" part of the display? Did they downgrade that as well? The Help button does nothing when I click it. Man, I'm an idiot...I just came to grips with the 4 module limit and the missing reverb...

I can only laugh at myself. :hihi:

V5 works fine here and I also still use v4 simultaneously as the warm saturation mode in 5 doesn't sound as good. Since the RX4 disappointment which I skipped I'm refusing in taking part in iZotopes weird marketing and development strategies, so I'll skip O6 for sure. Some folks in their headquarters seem to have lost contact to the user base.

Return to “Effects”