Zebra program change

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

holy crap, it worked, thanks so much guys!!!!!1 much love from Aus ;)

Ok guys, so I managed to get the Program Change feature to work, and it ROCKS. I even managed to switch between folders which is even cooler!

I just have one question, and forgive me for being an idiot, but.. when I drag patches to the MIDI Programs folder, do I need to make a copy of them so that the original patch stays where it was and keeps its original patch name? Because I noticed that when I dragged a patch and renamed it within the MIDI Programs folder, it actually stays there and the patch name changes too. For example, I dragged the "Clocks Hollow" patch from its original location and renamed it "000 Clocks Hollow". Does this make any sense?

Yeah, you should do copies of files into the MIDI Programs folder, just for safety.

I prefer using the "Reveal in Finder/Explorer" function to copy or move files. Safer and more flexible than drag-dropping within the plugin's own browser.

Thanks Howard and EvilDragon. Coincidently I just came across a tip from someone on this forum, stating that when dragging a patch into the MIDI Programs folder, you should hold down "Option" (Mac) so that it automatically makes a copy. I've been doing that so far and everything is working out great. Love Zebra!

^after doing that, you will have to reload the plug-in (as Urs explained on the previous page).
Best advice of all - read the manual (I hope it's explained fully and correctly there...).

Urs wrote:(side note - we just started designing a concept that allows users to rescan the MIDI Programs folder on the fly... finally :oops: )
Please implement this soon, the way this works now is very clunky...

Howard wrote:^after doing that, you will have to reload the plug-in (as Urs explained on the previous page).
Best advice of all - read the manual (I hope it's explained fully and correctly there...).
Yes, I know about the reloading thing. I read the explanation from the manual but honestly, I think it would you would have a lot less people asking about how to do Program Changes if you laid out the information step by step. For example:

1. Locate the MIDI Programs folder.
2. Create a sub-folder/sub-folders within the MIDI Programs folder.
etc...

To me, these are very clear instructions, and theres very little chance of anyone not understanding what you're trying to say.. idiot-proof so to speak.

Or maybe it's just me.

Return to “u-he”