If you could just choose 2 reverbs and 2 delay plugins, what would you pick?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

VRoom and VVintageVerb, they are full of huge sweet spots. I never need more than a few tweaks to find something that fits the situation and that I like.
Satin and Nasty DLA. I like those character delays, seldom the cleanness.
Übermod is on my xmas list.

Valhalla Room & Aether (or B2)

Echoboy and Ubermod
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Reverb: PhoenixVerb and R2
Delay: Soundtoys Echoboy and Eventide H3000 Factory (but I've been using Metric Halo Dirty Delay more than echoboy lately

Reverbs: Overloud Breverb2 (naturalistic), 2CAudio B2 (experimental)
Delays: Valhalla Ubermod (naturalistic), Fabfilter Timeless (experimental)
Assuming no iloks, and nothing above $300.

If iLoks OK and no budget, Lexicon PCM Native, Overloud Rematrix, Soundtoys Echoboy.
On a budget, Valhalla Room, Vintage Verb.
My latest crazy track "The Quick Brown Fox sampled the Lazy Dog": http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 4&t=425647
15 Free DIVA Presets: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8#p5892108

This is a tough question.

Chorus(easy)
Valhalla UberMod
MMultibandChorus

Reverb(hard)
Valhalla Room
Valhalla Vintage Verb
(honorable mention: Phoenix Verb)

Delay(Very hard):
Boz Imperial Delay
ReaDelay
(Honorable mentions: PSP Echo, Nasty DLA)

Reverbs: VVV and Aether

Delays: EchoBoy and PSP Echo.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Valhalla Vintage and Verberate
FabFilter Timeless and Live's Filter Delay (only because I haven't found another delay VST I like that doesn't require iLok - but I have a bad arse hardware delay, so I'm not looking too hard)

+ for all valhalla, they just sound lush and expansive.. i love also redline and aether breeze. delays = echoboy and bionic superdelay
there are quite a lot of good ones no time to list them, these are the ones i use most nowadays : )

Soundtoys Echoboy
UAD Roland RE-201 Space Echo

Exponential Audio PhoenixVerb
Valhalla Vintage Verb
Bitwig Certified Trainer

I'm definitely a strong advocate of Verberate and VVV. That said, cheeeze Louise, there are so many quality offerings available. Redline reverb is a tough one to beat and priced in the upper middle range.

Xils-Lab's "LaMasque" delay is très bonne. PSP ECHO and P&M Echoflex are also a couple of dandies. If your ears cotton to the highly-regarded sounds of Lexicon H/W digital delays, PSP Lexicon 42 & PSP 85 are indispensable.
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook

I'll play along and nominate my favorites:

Reverbs:
Softube TSAR-1
Valhalla Vingtage Verb

Delays:
UAD EP-34
Boz Digital Labs - Imperial Delay
Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival. [C. S. Lewis]

Don't know really, but I'd probably pick one hardware and one software for each.

I like the NI 'verbs, so that's two right there. I've got Bloom as the go-to delay. I need another delay. Anybody?

Wow. Already 2 votes for BOZ Imperial . It is just a few days (1,2 or 3???) young and made it into the setup of two members. Is it really that good?
Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul

With the Bitwig delays, there's really no need for much else since you can put whatever effects you want in the feedback paths. You can do the same with the reverb but unfortunately the reverb sounds terrible.

Return to “Effects”