Wow IK Multimedia, really????

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think it is time IK Multimedia did a customer survey, to find out what the regular user think about the reward programmes.

I have to say, that I just purchased my first IK Multimedia product, and, so far, I'm quite happy with it.

Numanoid wrote:I think it is time IK Multimedia did a customer survey, to find out what the regular user think about the reward programmes.
JamPoints (info at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/jampoints ) can now be used on sale items based on feedback from customers, and are a quick way to defray up to 30% off everyday purchases as well as additional savings on promos like Total Workstation XL discounted which will also unlock SampleTank 3 SE and the Krazy Deal on T-RackS Deluxe that just got extended.

If you may be referring Gear Credits as a "reward programme" too (I can see that, since they do offer a discount by design, even when not on sale), we've also been monitoring suggestions about Gear Credits. It does seem that there are people interested, judging by this thread being posted when we didn't alter the Gear Credit price at the beginning of the promotion correctly, and the fairly constant stream of requests for "the next Gear Credit sale" that we field.

However, and as I said - we are monitoring suggestions about Gear Credits and JamPoints alike. If you have additional suggestions, they can be sent directly to IK at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-us/ ... IKForm.php or you can PM me here. Thank you.

JamPoints (info at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/jampoints ) can now be used on sale items based on feedback from customers, and are a quick way to defray up to 30% off everyday purchases as well as additional savings on promos like Total Workstation XL discounted which will also unlock SampleTank 3 SE and the Krazy Deal on T-RackS Deluxe that just got extended.

If you may be referring Gear Credits as a "reward programme" too (I can see that, since they do offer a discount by design, even when not on sale), we've also been monitoring suggestions about Gear Credits. It does seem that there are people interested, judging by this thread being posted when we didn't alter the Gear Credit price at the beginning of the promotion correctly, and the fairly constant stream of requests for "the next Gear Credit sale" that we field.

However, and as I said - we are monitoring suggestions about Gear Credits and JamPoints alike. If you have additional suggestions, they can be sent directly to IK at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-us/ ... IKForm.php or you can PM me here. Thank you.
Sorry, you lost me here. As far as I am aware, me cash, you product. If me like product, me invest maybe more, if me doesn't, me does not want to invest anymore (and if product doesn't comply, me ask money back.) Sorry for trolling, but somehow this above post seems unreal. I have no intention to keep posting in this thread.

ghettosynth wrote:I have to say, that I just purchased my first IK Multimedia product, and, so far, I'm quite happy with it.
I'm new to IK as well. I bought quite a few of their plugs in the recent sale. I'm happy too! :)
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

vstliefhebber wrote: Sorry, you lost me here. As far as I am aware, me cash, you product. If me like product, me invest maybe more, if me doesn't, me does not want to invest anymore (and if product doesn't comply, me ask money back.) Sorry for trolling, but somehow this above post seems unreal. I have no intention to keep posting in this thread.
That's too bad because we also allow you to buy the T-RackS gear (including the product which is the thread topic) with cash so that part should be covered. If you don't want to use the JamPoints you get with the "you cash, we product, you invest maybe more" scenario you lay out, you don't have to. Nobody forces you to. Seems the bases are covered - cash, credits, JamPoints, your choice to use whichever etc... :shrug:

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
vstliefhebber wrote: Sorry, you lost me here. As far as I am aware, me cash, you product. If me like product, me invest maybe more, if me doesn't, me does not want to invest anymore (and if product doesn't comply, me ask money back.) Sorry for trolling, but somehow this above post seems unreal. I have no intention to keep posting in this thread.
That's too bad because we also allow you to buy the T-RackS gear (including the product which is the thread topic) with cash so that part should be covered. If you don't want to use the JamPoints you get with the "you cash, we product, you invest maybe more" scenario you lay out, you don't have to. Nobody forces you to. Seems the bases are covered - cash, credits, JamPoints, your choice to use whichever etc... :shrug:
I simply don't get the whole point in this IK mess and confusion. I mean if you really like to reward your customers why don't you simply give them discount coupons or something, something whatever everyone else is doing...

For the last few months all i am reading about IK is : periodic plugin release (often being very positive) and people being upset by cumbersome nonsense within your own IK currency and weird sales prices and weird shop handling.

Is it so hard to admitt that you invented something which isn't playing so well (all these people can't be wrong - don't tell me it's pure coincidence) and just get back to plain ol - cash for goods - and leave it as is..

Robmobius wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:I have to say, that I just purchased my first IK Multimedia product, and, so far, I'm quite happy with it.
I'm new to IK as well. I bought quite a few of their plugs in the recent sale. I'm happy too! :)
I don't think qualiy of IK plugins are on question here. Even birds know by now that lately they are releasing top notch stuff...

It's their "we will confuse you" way of selling plugins. It's bizarre to see so much issues about IK money , price jam space ubber mega whatever points...

Yep. Go back to the ol' $199 or so system and read the griping then..
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

If JamPoints - the reward program we have, so I'd assume that was what Numanoid was talking about - is explained pretty clearly here: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/jampoints

Gear Credits shouldn't be that hard to understand either (but I'll see if we can provide more information if required), and we do field daily questions about when we will have them on sale again and this thread shows that lack of a discount on the Gear Credit pricing on T-RackS Deluxe triggered a request from one of the people who get how they work pretty easily and use them for whatever reason they choose... We do have a video that walks people through the short process of using Custom Shop (including how to try T-RackS gear, buy with cash or Gear Credits in Custom Shop and the option to buy directly from our site so you do have choices):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_u48xAEm3A

We do offer "cash for goods" (as stated here and elsewhere many times)... But I'll admit that we created a system that offers choices and nice discounts (along with a loyalty program that we explain and is easy to redeem in your cart), with the materials and support available to those that do not fully understand how it works (or they can pay cash for goods for T-RackS gear which is the topic at hand, as stated).

"Me cash, you product..."

Can you ROTFLOL and double-face-palm at the same time without the risk of putting an eye or two out?
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

:borg:
Last edited by ontol on Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ontol wrote:a market suggestion from me as well:

I open Custom Shop. There is a scrolling ad banner taking up the top 1/3 of the screen, parallel banners framing the products to either side. No big deal, but then you throw a pop up banner or two on top of all that.

I'm in your store, looking at stuff completely framed by your ads. You are like a clerk with a megaphone following me around the store. The banners are fine, lose the pop ups.
Thank you, noted. We've done it on multiple mobile apps (including most recently AmpliTube) and I know that came out of user suggestions. I'll definitely relay your suggestion (and take a closer look myself).

antithesist wrote:That was just conjecture on my part.

Certainly I've used multiple discounts, when allowed, to get the best price on things.

Heck, sometimes they end up being free, or nearly that.

I'm actually hoping to "triple-dip" on the APIs, since I bought a bunch of credits on sale and also used considerable jampoints (plus, the more you bought, the cheaper they were... quad-dip?)

Now, I just have to wait and see if my GAS fever can hold out to if and when the go on sale at reduced credit prices and/or as a bundle, etc.

Quint...?
I hast summoned thee a sale on thine APIs!

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/trgb/

Dodecadip, it is... mmm, tasty!

[Well, maybe not that many, however many that is, but a lot: jampoints, credits (half-price w/big volume discount in my case), maybe up to five for one, etc.]
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

I for one will only ever buy an ikmultimedia product that is bargain basement, at least %50 or more off.

Mainly due to their registration system being a complete and utter mess.

Not anywhere does it state what products are used as upgrades or not, their transfer credit system is a joke and should be scrapped.

Of course it won't as it's a "nice little earner"

I'm out.

Return to “Effects”